Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

We will all be old someday...

Mr. husband really is amazing inside and out. Amazing for instance when he stopped yesterday to help an elderly man who was broken down on the side of the road. The man had a flat and his spare tire was bad as well. This husband of mine took the tire off, took it to Discount tire, had a new tire put on the rim and returned to the elderly man and then placed the new tire on his car and sent him on his way. I can't tell you what joy this man had on his face and gratitude for my husband. I fell in love all over again with this husband of mine and his ability to help. And then I thought about many many years down the road.... when my Reed will one day become an elderly man. I hope and pray that if he is ever in this situation that a young man will come to his rescue. When I think about others and then think of them in a sense that they are someones child and that this mother would want their child taken care of just as I want my children taken care of I cant help but want to do something. I have had times where I try to avoid eye contact with the homeless on the corner, or the person taking 8 years to cross the road when I need to turn right at the light but then as soon as I think of them as someones child I cant help but have love towards them. And to sum it up I know they all are someones child and that is our Father in Heavens child....each and every one of us, even that nasty lady who made that nasty comment to you that one time (she was probably having a bad day and I'm sure didn't mean it).And if that doesn't do it for you to be nice....well I do believe in KARMA.

2 notes:

TrishAnderson said...

That was so nice of Mr. P to help out like that. And if it isn't the thought of a child, maybe picturing your father or mother needing the help might change our minds as well.

Sarah said...

What a wonderful husband you have, that made me tear up reading it.