Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

When I'm feeling blue....

Sometimes I have those days....you know the ones you can't even blog about because people may just see how imperfect you are... well I am very imperfect and have those days creep up on me from time time. Days I don't feel good enough, days I don't feel liked. Days when things just seem too hectic or overwhelming. Those are the days that I turn to one thing to help me get through it.... I have learned that service for others can do wonders. It doesn't matter if it is doing something special for your husband, best friend or even bringing dinner to a family in need, it just makes me feel good, makes me feel needed and even if I don't feel like anyone likes me I know my Father in Heaven does and I can feel that more as I serve. I challenge you next time on your cruddy day to do something special for someone..even if its your kids, some how it turns me from thinking..."wo is me" to what I can do for someone.... I promise it will make things brighter:)

5 notes:

Sarah said...

That is great advice Karla, there is nothing that makes me feel better then helping others and getting outside of your own issues. Many times it makes yours seem minimal in comparison.

love_b said...

Your so inspiring! Thanks for this! PS- I emailed you!

Lindsey said...

Needed this today.. BIGtime. Thanks Karla :)

TrishAnderson said...

Good idea. Wonderful perspective!!!

Adrian said...

I appreciate the wonderful service YOU have given me this week!! You have no idea how much you brighten my day!