Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

I get by a lil help from my friends. . .



Karma-"Karma is simply the process of cause and effect. If you do A, B will happen. If you plant tomato seeds, and water and look after them, tomatoes will grow."




I like to think of it as what goes around comes around. I think that to be very true, especially how you treat people. Today I woke up to a beautiful morning with wonderful weather, a nice walk with a neighbor and a trip with some girls to Chick Fillet. . . yum. As we were getting ready to go I received a call from bff saying she could not go because her car would not start. I thought," well I would sure want someone to help me if I were in this situation" and so I undid the kids car seats that are anchored in( and a PAIN to remove) and lifted my third row to help a friend in need and give her and her two babies a ride to lunch, not to mention I just wanted to see her:)


We arrive at Chick Fillet 20 minutes late to a very understanding 3rd friend and we all proceed to wait in line. My turn arrives and I place my order, and open my wallet to find- NO DEBIT CARD, NO CREDIT CARD NO CASH! Instantly I remember mr. husband telling me," if you really want this new budget to work I need to take your cards so you manage the cash you have" here I thought he was kidding but apparently he was serious. Today is Thursday ( payday) so I should have already had my weekly allowance but we had not been able to get to the bank yet. So I tell bff the situation and she offers to lend me the money, except as I was telling her this story the manager who was taking my order simply said," This one is on me" where my jaw dropped and I said,"wow you just made my day." I believe he had the same thought I had this morning,"well, I would sure want someone to help me if I were in this situation." And so do a little good for someone and be optimistic someone will help you one day in return:)

5 notes:

David and Shalynna said...

I love this! Karla, I have to admit, when I think of karma I usually think of someone doing something mean or bad and karma gets them back later. How pessimistic is that of me?! Immediately when I read the word and definition at the top of your post I thought about what recently happened to my parents. They had some single guy from their ward in Utah stay at their Utah house (the one we live in now) for a few months this past summer. My mom had a treasure chest for decoration on a very high shelf. It had $700 worth of change in it. Her and my dad had been saving their change for years and one night had fun counting it all up and found $722. They were excited to use it on the grandkids and roll up the change with the older ones, etc. Anyway, this guy that was renting the basement needed to borrow the treasure chest for a primary lesson. My mom trusted him and said, "Sure, but you have to get it down. It's heavy and full of change." He borrowed it for one Sunday and then returned it to it's spot with the coins inside. A couple weeks ago when my parents were up here my dad got a ladder and checked the treasure chest and guess what... it was completely empty. You see, the guy had left without giving them any word and is nowhere to be found and apparently he took their treasure with him. So sad, huh? I keep telling my parents that karma will get him back.

That long story had nothing to do with your cute story or optimistic post. But, what I'm trying to say is that my pessimistic attitude was immediately turned around as I read your story. Your optimism IS wearing off!

Heather (wife, mom) said...

what a great story!

Branden & Jamie said...

Yeah, for super chikfila man! Yeah for bff's coming to the rescue! Yeah for steering columns locking and making you think you're battery is dead! I wouldn't of had such a wonderful day if it hadn't been for you! Thanks!!

hyrum♥chelsea said...

love this post! i better make sure porter hasn't passed this idea on to hyrum :)

Casey and Tamra said...

#1. I am quite proud of you for sticking to your budget.

#2. Oh how I miss chic-fil-a. Not one to be found here in MI.

#3. Your blog really does rub off. I should do something like this so I am not crabby all the time.