Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Friday, November 4, 2011

October 2011

Halloween was a hoot! Collette was a peacock, Elizabeth a "pink Barbie cat" and Reedy boy a Chicago Cubs baseball player.... We went to a party in Tucson ( thanks to JAMIE!) a family party and of course trick or treating... this year with her fun cousins Jacob and Quinn.


 It was so fun watching them get into the activity of going door to door! Reed would eat his candy as fast as he got it, while Elizabeth waited patiently until she was finished trick or treating, then counted them all, then began to eat them...

 Reed didn't know what to do with so much candy so he would eat a piece of candy and spit it into the trash before he could even chew it enough to swallow it so he could move onto the next piece....
That's my boy!




 We have been able to get away to the park a bit here and there for a few play dates and picnics. This one involved Reed laying on the ground and blowing the dirt. No wonder he never looks clean!
 Miss Elizabeth had fun with daddy one afternoon blowing bubbles on the porch during the little ones nap time. These two butt heads quite a bit but when the two of them get along nothing is sweeter. They are such a pair this little girl and her daddy. Besides looking alike they just have this little bond that only a daddy and daughter can have...
 Elizabeth was lucky enough to go to Tatum's birthday tea party. She loved it and had fun with all the little girls!
 We have made some yummy fall treats this past month.... and Reed has really become my little buddy. Elizabeth is in preschool 3 mornings a week while Reed, Collette and I play at home. This little guy cuddles me all the day long. Elizabeth has become less attached with cuddles and Collette does the best not being held.... believe it or not. I think with her tummy troubles she is most comfortable on her back flat. Reed was the same way as an infant with his tummy troubles too. So Reed and I cuddle the day away. If you have seen me with Reed you know he has a hair fetish. I love this about this kid.... he sits and twirls my hair whenever he can. He dropped something while sitting in a chair at lunch today and as I bent down to get it he reached for my hair as quick as he could. It's a special thing a momma and her boy.
 And miss coco Collette. She is joy. complete and utter joy. Like I said she doesn't cuddle as much as her momma wishes but I will lay back with her propped against my legs and she gives the sweetest smiles. she first started smiling on August 30th! She has pretty good control of her neck but not quite strong enough for a bumbo yet. She had her first 8 hour night this week on Tuesday, woo hoo! but went back to sleeping about 6 hours after that. This is my first baby who doesn't take binky's, actually prefers sleeping on her back and who doesn't nurse to sleep at night! She will during the day and in the middle of the night but not before her long stretch at night. Porter is a pro with her. This is the first baby that goes to bed better for him than me and I love it. I think it's hard for the husbands sometimes, or my husband because my kids cry for me whenever they are hurt or sick or sad. and the older two were really clingy as babies and still are really. This is our daddy's girl it seems and I love it. Each child is so different and Porter and I both have different ways of doing things. Some things work for some and some for the other. He really is the best team mate ever to have this parenting experience with and I am so grateful for him!
Welcome November.... can't wait to see what you bring!

2 notes:

David and Shalynna said...

What a fun update! A peacock? Adorable! I love all of the costumes. And you look great, Karla! So pretty in that photo.

I'm so glad Collette is such a good baby. That must be heaven since she's the third and you still have two others to take care of. I know what you mean about it being hard for the dad when it seems like the mom is the only one to calm the babies. I think it makes them feel helpless. Hudson is more attached to me and my milk than Oliver was. David was really good at putting Oliver down, but Hudson doesn't really want anything to do with him when he's upset. :)

Can't wait to see you in December!

Christen said...

So much fun!!! Love the holidays are coming up. MIss you guys and your beautiful family. I still have 7 weeks until my little guys comes. Wish me luck.