Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011


There is a special magic that creeps into a home when a newborn is present. It's magical and holds a perfect  calmness that comes over everything and everyone. Time slows down and what is truly important becomes clearer than ever. Children draw close, husband and wife celebrate what their love has created and joy is all around. The hustle and bustle of life is almost in slow motion as our little family has spent hours in bed cuddled together, holding baby, and watching movies. We are so blessed. Oh how we are blessed. 2 AM has never had such a beautiful feeling as when I am cuddled feeding my new baby girl in her peaceful nursery, with her lights dim, just the two of us share this time. A time when everyone is asleep and the house is silent. I would not trade this time for anything. I better go cuddle that little peanut I love so dearly....

5 notes:

Amanda said...

You are her both are so beautiful. As are the words you had to share. We miss you so!

Shanell Farr said...

she is oh so cute!

Ashley Smith said...

Oh Karla she is so gorgeous! I loved looking at all the pictures in the post below as well!! And WHY ARE YOU SO SKINNY! did you gain ANY weight?? i am jealous! Your family is so sweet and perfect! I LOVE my little moments with our new little one also! someday i'll be back in AZ and our kids can be friends :)

Mindy said...

That was beautifully written. I'm so glad you are enjoying and making the most of this time. It goes by so quickly.

Mike and Steph said...

So perfectly said! So I teared up a little bit reading about the blessed 2 AM feeding. Isn't it the most peaceful thing in the world??? Who cares about sleep! They are so precious!