Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Third time's a charm.......

Well we are now on our way to welcoming another baby into our little family. ( it's not staying little for long it seems). We are happy to announce We are pregnant! BABY #3 is due in August and we could not be any more excited. Little Elizabeth will be about 3 1/2 and Reed will just be 2! It should be fun :) There is not a moment that goes by that I am not thankful for these two children I have been blessed with and I am thrilled to welcome our new baby later this year. I'm sure my excitement will be multiplied once I'm over this awful morning (all day) sickness. It's tough. But I've been through it twice before and know how worth it it is so that helps. My sweet children have been so great while I have been taking it easy on the couch. Reed and Elizabeth come up all day long and just lay and cuddle with me. Elizabeth has been helping Reed get down from chairs, open fruit snacks and she even picked up the living room without even being asked. I can't even describe how helpful my dear mr. husband is. He has been letting me take the naps I need and he has been so helpful and patient. I'm on medication but it doesn't seem to change how I feel at all. Every night before Elizabeth crawls into bed (after we have said a family prayer) we have taught her to kneel by her bed and say a little personal prayer. Last night I heard her pray that we could be safe and that mommy could feel better. It just melted my heart. She really is a sweet little girl and I am so thankful for her and her little brother to help keep me company while we hibernate for these next couple weeks while daddy goes to work.

16 notes:

Makenzie said...

AHHHH!! You're prego!
Congrats!!!!! That is so exciting. I am soooo happy for you guys!! Miss you lots!! Stay in touch

Lindsey said...

So excited and happy for you! And so happy for that sweet little baby who is so lucky to have you as a mommy :)

Alexa Mae said...

So so happy for you!!! Come see me soon. Miss you. And i can't wait to meet the little peanut.

mylittlegems said...

Karla- congrats :) My kids were praying for the same thing a few weeks ago "help mommy to get better" as I was having the worst morning sickness...we are having #4 in july:) Hang in there- hopefully the sickness will end soon! love ya- sharla

Brenden+Nikki said...

Aw yay!! I love when you're pregnant. You appreciate the blessings of babies and verbalize it perfectly. I hate when people complain about pregnancy stuff and you're the exact opposite! ;) You always appreciate how amazing it is, even through the horrible morning sickness. I'm so excited for ya and excited to see your new little one later this year! ;)

Niki said...

Congrats!! The more, the merrier, I say! Elizabeth will be such a big helper to you, and Reed will be old enough to kind of know what is going on. It will be nice for the two older ones to have each other. I have found it is easier in SOME ways to have more rather than less children in the regard that they help entertain each other. Other days, not so much :) I am very excited for you guys!

Heather (wife, mom) said...

Congrats Karla! I hope you get to feeling better soon. Thanks for beating me to THREE kids~ I'm still a little scared to consider it :). Maybe I'll have announcement before the year ends~

Erica Ann said...

yay! this is such exciting news! i am so so so happy for you and your family!

Courtney from The Beauty Mark said...

Congrats Karla! You are such a great mommy and I love how much you love doing all your motherly duties. So excited for you guys! xoxo

Emily said...

again, couldnt be happier for you. you are such a lucky momma!!! so sorry about the morning sickness. it's all worth it in the end!! cant wait to find out what your having!!!! let us know if you need any meals!!!! love to you!!!!

Michele said...

Woohoo! Congratulations!

David and Shalynna said...

Karla!!! I'm so happy for you!!!! You are such a wonderful mother- I can imagine you having five or six more. :) How many DO you want?

Send my congrats to Porter too. You are a darling family.

McKayandLani said...

Yeah! Congratulations! Very exciting!

Shannon said...

YAY for babies! Congratulations! Having a 3 (almost 4)yr.old, 2.5 yr. old and new baby myself I can say it can be crazy but so well worth it it! I hope you feel better soon, hang in there! Congrats again!

Kristen Crandall said...

Congrats!!! I cannot believe you are having baby #3! I am praying with Elizabeth....get well. I remember seeing you that night at the hospital. You were one sick cookie. Hope all is going well and that your optimism continues to provide joy in this journey of life.

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

CONGRATS :) Such an exciting time!