Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Jesus wants me for a sunbeam....

I'm off to bed, trying to get to sleep early but I quickly wanted to log today so I could remember it for years to come.....
In church today Elizabeth graduated from nursery class to now being a sunbeam. She is just barely three with the new year starting so she is one of then youngest in the class but I'm so excited for her. I dropped her off and sat her in the front row with all the other sunbeam three year olds and she gave me a kiss goodbye. She has been very excited to become a sunbeam and I have been excited for her too. As I watched from the back the tears came and kept coming, I could not help but think how big she is getting but even more that she is going to learn so much about the Savior and His love for her in primary over the years. I'm excited for her to grow and learn so much and this is the start of it all. I cried out of gratitude that I have found this church that it is just what I need in this life and also will be a guide and strength for my dear children. Elizabeth, I am proud of you and thankful you are my sweet daughter. I was proud to hear that you were a good listener and didn't even cry like some of the sunbeams did with all the changes. Keep being the sweet, silly, amazing little girl you are. Mommy loves you.

2 notes:

Emily said...

this is so sweet karla. i had tears just reading it. it's it heartbreaking, yet wonderful to see your kids grow up and change and mature. oh bittersweet. hope elizabeth continues to like sunbeams. the first week is so fun.

Brian and Jessica McCann said...

Hey I loved your post, your little girls look so sweet! So I need your address cause I'm having a baby shower in a couple of weeks. Whats your address? you can text it to me at 435 703 4188