Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

To my daughter on her birthday

My sweet Elizabeth..... you have just turned three. What a special day. Not only is it special because we celebrate you being born but also this is the day I became a mother and your dad a father. It is a day we hold dear to our hearts and it is all because you came into our family. You are growing by leaps and bounds. You are fully potty trained when you are awake and love to talk all day long. Lately your favorite things to say have been," I have to tell you something mom..... I love you." Or you talk on and on about the candy you hope to have in your stocking Christmas morning. You are sweet as sweet can be. Every night before you go to bed I lay by you at your request. Sometimes for 5 minutes sometimes for an hour. We talk as mom and daughters do. I tell you stories off the top of my head and I love this time with you. Most nights this time leads us to talk about Jesus and His love for you. I love it because the world is still and you can feel the sweet peace that comes. I love you, oh how I love you my daughter. I wish I could bottle up all three years of you and keep them in my pocket to bring me happiness and joy because that is what you bring to our home. You are still so innocent and this song playing my Taylor Swift (never grow up) puts into words a small fraction of the emotions I feel as your mother. I know this year will bring more little girl giggles filling the rooms of our home, special times with our new 3 yr old and many memories made by a little girl who has the world in her hands. You are amazing Elizabeth and I'm so blessed you are mine.

Elizabeth's Party was tea party themed and we had the tables set up like this on both sides of the yard.....
 I made personalized table settings for each child attending and made them each a party hat with their name.

I made my first birthday banner for my sweet daughter

 I made the kids ham and cheese sandwiches, used a cookie cutter to make them snow flakes and then    sprayed them a fun edible color
  Here is the coconut cake I made her with fondant flowers on top.

                           we had face painting and a cotton candy machine





                                 So I have so much more to write but I just want to focus on her today so I will be updating often. I miss my blogging friends and promise to stop by and visit you all more often!
and of course we cant forget about little brother who was thrilled to have cotton candy for the day!

8 notes:

Sandra Nixon said...

That party looks amazing!! So sad we couldn't make it. You are so creative and fun. Love to read your blog.

Annie said...

what a PERFECT party!!! i adore every little thing about it! :)

Emily said...

you definatly know how to throw a great party. it was such a beautiful day out and the girls loved the face painting. so glad we got to come and i get to call you my friend.

Brenden+Nikki said...

Love it! It looks professional - especially the cake! :) Ever thought about doing that?

I'm glad you posted. I've missed reading your blog.

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth - what a great party! Aren't you happy that your Mommy is so talented? Thanks for posting...it's good to read your blog.

Julie & Scott said...

Sooo cute! I want you to do a tutorial on how you made the banner and party hats! It looks like an amazing party!

hyrum♥chelsea said...

wow! that is some 3 year old bday party. LOVE it! great job mom. way to make it an extra special day.

David and Shalynna said...

Karla, this is amazing!!!! Everything about this party is beautiful. You are so creative and crafty. It makes Oliver's birthday party look amateur! :) You should throw parties as a profession. Miss you!