Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Our 4th Of July....

WAS BLISSFUL! We took the 4 hr. drive to Heber Arizona to enjoy the fireworks in cooler weather. Porters parents have a cabin in the area and there is nothing better then a small town firework show. We got there while the sun was still up and porter and I both ran into old friends and some of his family while there. We watched the cousins play, Elizabeth give aunt Christine "frog kisses" and ate at all the booths set up. Then the sun started to set. The weather dropped dramatically and we put our sweaters on and got bundled in our blankets. The show was starting and Porter and I lay side by side with baby Reed in the middle. Sweet Elizabeth was on the other side of me with her head on my chest. We were all bundled with blankets and the cold air on our cheeks. Our babies layed perfectly still while the colors burst in the air above. In that moment I could not help but think how PERFECT this moment was. I would not have changed a single thing about it. The fireworks were so close that we could see the ashes falling around us and feel each and every boom and burst. I thought in that moment of perfectness how grateful I am for these moments. How thankful I am for the not so perfect moments as well because it made this moment that much sweeter. Oh how I love my sweet family.

1 notes:

Jessica said...

oh my gosh for all I know I was sitting right next to you at the fireworks!!!! We stayed at a cabin in Forest Lakes. DAng!!!! CALL ME!!!