Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I came downstairs.....

and found mr. husband asleep on the couch, and guess what I did..... yes layed right on top of him and he wrapped his all encompassing arms around me. I can honestly say this is the best my marriage has ever been, I am in L.O.V.E. and I don't say this to have anyone ooh or ahhh over it but simply to put into words for myself the things I have started to realize about marriage and myself. I have learned to loosen up and be easier on the person I love the most. I have learned that a little time to ourselves equals better time when we are together. I have learned to cuddle close at the end of the day instead of whisk off to myself time and I have learned to never stop giving my all to the person you are to love most.
Last night mr. husband decided to watch my favorite show with me after the kids were asleep. He thought the men on the show were so lame that he laughed out loud. He has this contagious laugh so I was L.O.L. too, this somehow turned into him saying there was something in his ice cream and he had a nice case of the randoms and we just laughed. It had been a while. I don't know if its that I'm not pregnant, not suffering from the loss of my mom as bad, or that I'm getting a full nights sleep finally but we are just clicking. Its only been 5yrs we have been married but it has sure had its challenges. Not to say they are over but I am starting to see the circle of a marriage.....happiness..... happiness is tested..... if you endure and work together in less happiness......more happiness is achieved..... and thus I am in most happiness as of now. Optimistic it will stay this way though.

5 notes:

Courtney from The Beauty Mark said...

Sweet Karla, I so appreciate your outlook on life and your willingness to bear your testimony!
xoxo

Alexa Mae said...

what a beautiful post kar. you truly are so happy and i love that whenever i talk to you, you are always so excited to see him. you two are so perfect for each other. love ya.

TrishAnderson said...

I can't exactly go lay on top of my guy right now, but he loves it when I at least come sit by him and cuddle. I know what you mean. Almost 10 years and life certainly has had its ups and downs, but life continues to be blissful in marriage (even if the kids are difficult) when we make that needed time for each other!

CHRISTINE said...

For being married a mere years you seem to have it down! I learn so much from you, Karla. When will you live closer to me? BTW, did you know the Tour de Tucson is on a Sunday? Yeah, I wasn't sure if you were aware! Dang it!

Shannon said...

So, i have had to do some catch up on blogs today and i am sooo glad that yours was one of them! thanks, as always, for your encouraging outlook on life...you really do help me think about the things i have and the things to really give thanks for. i wish i wouldn't have takin a break from reading and posting just so i could get your daily upliftment-much needed and much appreciated. your happiness is infectious!