Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

We missed you today ...

mr. husband, sometimes i wish you didn't have to work. days like today we would have had fun. You could have been included while we went grocery shopping at our favorite market. Im sure you would have stopped by the salt water taffy stand and picked youself a few to eat...
I know if you were as well behaved as Elizabeth you would have pleasantly suggested we get some candy from this same market. You would have enjoyed going right next door to our favorite bakery where they have the most delicious breads and baked goods. Would you have picked shortbread cookies with spinkles like I did? Or a happy face cookie like your daughter?
At home I know you would have enjoyed eating lunch outside with your girls...and watching your daughter play in the yard and pick flowers for her momma...

I know we would have shared some kisses under the sun.....or helped me tend the garden and sit and eat peas right from the vine.....You would have enjoyed spending quality time with your son reading books like I did I'm sure.


And I know you would have let your daughter paint your toes this morning as she did mine. . . are they beautiful or what?......
And I know you would have had fun helping me cook this for dinner (for the recipe click HERE)

But then again I am optimistic that is why everything seems so perfect in the evening because that is when we are all together and we appreciate that time all the more.

8 notes:

David and Shalynna said...

That is the most adorable thing- the fact that you let Elizabeth (do you still call her Ella sometimes?... you can call Oliver Ollie anytime you want. Your comment was funny:) paint your toenails. She must love that. And you are very optimistic for knowing that even though it makes your toes all messy at least you are spending quality time with your daughter!

I'm too lazy to look back at past posts. Can you remind me what that whole produce in a laundry basket was? All I remember is you only had to pay $15 or something for a laundry basket full of fruits and vegetables. Am I remembering wrong? Is that only in Tuscon? Let me know when you get a chance. After this photo of our garden and local market I certainly have a craving for fresh fruit an veggies! Love ya.

CHRISTINE said...

You are a cutie, Karla! I love reading your posts and seeing the quality time you spend with your kids! That looks like a great fresh marketplace!...I love how they have a great selection of candy and sweets too! My kind of place...I feel like I haven't talked to you in forever!..we need to be training for something!!

TrishAnderson said...

I love it. Such a fun productive day. That dinner looks yummy too!!!

Lindsey said...

I love your blog!! I had a day like this as well :)

Ashley Smith said...

what a wonderful day! You are so gorgeous, as are your two children! I love all the photos! Someday i will come down to tucson to share a day like this with you and our cute kids will play :)

The Cluff's said...

Hey I know that dinner! It is quite yummy. Thanks, again :) And, WOW! your garden looks great!

Alexa Mae said...

cute cute cute post kar!! love it. you and your kids are so darling. please come visit!!

Hillary from The Beauty Mark said...

I'm SO jealous of your garden! You're such an inspiration.

PS. You should know that the happy/sad face FHE went over well....THANKS