Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Its 5:52pm....

We are on our way home with our family of four from the Gila Valley Temple open house. Mr. Husband taking care of us as usual in the drivers seat, Elizabeth in the seat behind him, Reed next to her and then there's me by the window. The sun is on its way to setting, shining into the car, giving the most beautiful rays right onto our faces. Bringing beauty and light all around us. The spirit is here. . . . "I need thee every hour" from the album nearer is playing. How true the verse is, Oh how I know I need my Savior every hour, every second is more like it. My thoughts turn towards the four of us in the Celestral room....the peace,the beauty, the love. The promise I have to have this family of mine for the eternities. It would not be heaven without them. I'm writing this draft on a receipt....Life......it's real, it's short, it's purpose is to prove our love and obedience to our Father in Heaven. To serve. To follow Him and stand for His truth at all times. To learn, even to fall and to turn to Him for the strength to get up again. To raise these babies of mine and teach them of Him and let them feel of His love and others who I may come in contact with. (note to self) Remember this Karla the next time you worry about the small very unimportant things.Life is short, eternity is not, stay focused and live your life pleasing to Him. Remember this sweet spirit in the car with your family and do all in your power to keep this this spirit of Him near for there is nothing more beautiful.

4 notes:

Alexa Mae said...

This is simply beautiful Karla. I love it. You will cherish this little post forever. Love ya girl!

David and Shalynna said...

Love your thoughts, Karla. I love those moments when I stop, look around me, and recognize how incredibly blessed I am. I always think it's a blessing from Heavenly Father when I remember to do this because then I can take a mental picture of it all and tuck it away in my mind for hard times.

Niki said...

We went to the open house also. It was wonderful. Especially being there with our whole family. I am glad you had such a spiritual and wonderful experience. Isn't it wonderful to have such moments of clarity and insight?

Alexa Mae said...

do you know how much i love you? i do!