Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My kids.....

I always knew this was when I would be my happiest. Growing up this is what I would picture as perfection, my husband and my little children running around. Although it is filled with its hard times, in my eyes there is nothing more wonderful then these days as a mother and I will take all the hard times to enjoy the perfect times. . . .

Elizabeth is almost 2 1/2 years. She loves when she gets to play mom and loves pushing her baby brother in her doll stroller around the backyard. She loves anything princess and snow white and Ariel are her favorites and then comes Tinkerbell. Everything pink she assumes is hers, when she wears a dress she says ,"princess Aurora" (sleeping beauty) and has me call her momma all the time now unless she is in the bath and then its Ariel. She is learning so fast and knows her alphabet uppercase and is starting to learn her lowercase. She has a love for rice crispy treats and mac and cheese. Her favorite veggie is green beans and fruit is watermelon. She sings her own made up songs several times a day and is awesome at praying, even blesses the food and each person in our family and my brother, his g.f and my dad too. Elizabeth is silly and she and her baby brother sometimes just sit and laugh together....makes my heart melt. She is our princess.

Reed is 10 months. Nothing but smiles, this child is wild. Gets into everything, crawls just laughing to himself like,"this mom of mine has no idea what I have planned for her when I'm walking." I'm scared.... this is going to be an adventure raising this child. We are considering taking out an accident policy on AFLAC to cover the stitches and broken bones I just know are in the future. He climbs on things his sister would never even think of climbing. He never sits still. When I feed him food he sits still until I bring the spoon to his mouth and then times it perfectly to hit it out of my hand and watch the mess go everywhere. He is a joy and has control over my heart. My son loves carrots and bananas the most and hates texture of any kind when it comes to food. This little guy crawls so fast and gets into absolutely everything he can. He loves his sissy and smiles just to see her. He once grabbed her hair as she was walking past his high chair and slammed her head into the table. He didn't know what he did but he is just full of energy. He loves to suck on my chin and lick Mr husbands chin when he has facial hair. His eyes are as blue as blue can be. He fills our home with baby loving goodness.

4 notes:

Alexa Mae said...

those babies of yours are sure adorable! and they have an amazing mama! thank you for being an amazing friend. i love you!

tHe ApPeLs said...

that pic is so cute..and addison is crawling and into EVERYTHING too!!

Niki said...

I love the picture of Elizabeth. So sweet. And there is DEFINITELY a difference between boys and girls :)Parker isn't quite 18 months yet and we've already been to the ER a few times for head wounds, including stitches. He simply gets into everything, climbs on everything and has no fear. The opposite of Emma. It will be an adventure for sure, but a glorious one :)

Annie said...

what a sweet post from a sweet momma :)
cute picture!