Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Friday, May 21, 2010

Let's shop.....

(Elizabeth checking Reeds diaper for poop....they really do watch and learn from us)

My sweet sister is in the hospital, 26 weeks pregnant and her cervix is thinning..... her dr. thinks she will deliver before she hits 28 weeks. I wanted to help by getting her some preemie clothes since her little guy is obviously going to be tiny. There is a lot of stress and concerns that are in the air right now and they won't know much until the baby is born and they will go from there. My sister is hanging in there and staying positive and being such a good mom to this baby already by obeying her doctors every command.....

So I really wanted to get her some preemie clothes but the store I wanted to go to is about 25 minutes away. I didn't want to take both my kids and deal with all the driving and shopping in the mall and any tantrums that would take place.... I debated about staying home or going. I thought it was going to be so much work to do this errand and I figured I could go some other time.....

We went today, Elizabeth, Reed and I and guess what....we had a wonderful time. The kids were good, Reed fell asleep and Elizabeth and I had lunch just the two of us. I found great deals like church shirts for reed for $4. And I enjoyed my kids and being out of the house. I wonder how many things I miss out on just by thinking the worst will happen. I need to quit that and just go for it like today because we really had a beautiful time!

10 notes:

Amber said...

Thank you for this one. I always opt out of any adventure that could ruin little guys schedule. I should take a breath and not miss important trips or an occassional fun adventure!! Oh and I'm pretty sure that on your way to optimism you passed it up and ended with wisdom. I'm stinking jealous, but you found it. (0: Thanks for sharing.

Heather (wife, mom) said...

I do the same thing! Thanks for the reminder that it could be fabulous :)

Alexa Mae said...

bhahahaha love it! bronson was dying laughing at that pic.

i have been praying for your sis. i hope all goes well. she will be on my mind.

love ya girl!!

Niki said...

That picture is way too funny :) I stayed home or not done something simple because of the "effort" it would require, and have found that if I just go and do it and don't think about the "what ifs" than everything works out fine. Even if there is a tantrum, oh, well.I am glad you were able to have some time with Elizabeth and I am so sorry about your sister. I hope everything works out well. It makes me rethink my attitude about wanting this pregnancy over. The longer they are in, the healthier they are. I should be grateful to still be pregnant. Thanks for that reminder :)

Tyler, Kamry, Jaxxen, Madexx and Nixxen said...

I do the same thing when I think about taking my 3 boys out and then when I do it usually is a wonderful time! I just need to be better at it!!

CHRISTINE said...

Oh good for you! I do just the opposite...I go thinking everything will be ok when I know it won't because the boys are tired or hungry or whatever. I am glad you had a great experience! Also I hope everything turns out ok for Kim. BTW...I just realized that picture with Elizabeth pushing the stroller is actually Reed and not a baby doll in their!!

stephen&andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
stephen&andrea said...

karla
it was nice talking to you the other day. sorry to hear about what your sister is going through. I hope and pray that everything well go well.
Glad to hear you and the kids had a great day:)

Mariel Torres said...

hehe this picture is too funny! i remember that being my job when i was a little girl, to check my baby sister's diapers ;)

natalieandderyk said...

Karla-
Email me so we can talk premie talk. natalieandderyk@yahoo.com

Sometimes I have to secretly redo the dishes...shhh, don't tell Stan. ;-) But he is starting to do a better and better job each time.