Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Help me sew....


Like I mentioned in my last post about my sister.....she will most likely be having a micro preemie here in the next couple weeks. As soon as I found out about this and she was admitted into the hospital I instantly felt a huge desire to serve her. I had a rush of ideas come to my mind and I became really excited to help.....

One thing I felt I was prompted to do was make a quilt for her new baby. I was not able to find time during the week until Thursday night and I was going to see her Friday. Thursday night I went and purchased some fabric and came home and got started after putting the kids to bed...Mr. husband put on a movie and I worked away. I did not think I would finish it but felt prompted to be OPTIMISTIC and trust in HIM. I started working on it and finished it so quickly I could not believe it. I really felt like I was helped all along the way. This project of service taught me that if He prompts you to do something He will give you the ability to accomplish whatever it is He desires for you to do, I learned I just need to be willing and be an instrument in His hands. It was not me making this quilt I felt, It was Him giving me the talent and desire to serve one of His children. I just wanted to document it because It was a learning experience for me and gave me a greater desire to serve more:)

p.s. join me here monday for another apron give away:)

8 notes:

Cariann said...

Let me know if there is anything I can do. I went through Devon's preemie clothes and there really wasn't much. But if you need me to do anything please let me know. I know how scary it can be.

tHe ApPeLs said...

great job on the quilt! its so cute!

☂niki. said...

so cute kar. and such a sweet service.

Becky and Tyler said...

if you need any info about preemies...i work with them day in and day out!!! or if you just need to talk about things too (or if your sister does) i'm here!

stephen&andrea said...

wow karla girl your amazing! let me know if you need anything! Hope everything goes well and my prayers go out your family and that sweet baby:)

Anonymous said...

it's so cute!

Taylor Hancock said...

that's so cute! good job! :)

David and Shalynna said...

Really loved this post. You have such a great outlook on life! My prayers will be with your sister and family.

Awesome job on the quilt! I'm so impressed!