Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

You won't know until you try it!

I guess all I can say from my lack of blogging these past two weeks is. . . I live my life and then blog about it, I don't live my life through blogging and lately there has just not been a moment to step away and blog. There was even a few days I didn't even turn on the computer and that is rare for me:) On my plate right now. . . .

1. Wanting to be the best mom I can be. More patient. More involved. More playful and silly. Last week in church we talked about what will help our children to be closer to the Savior and strengthen them for the years ahead. It really motivated me to focus even more on the little things each day that will teach my children the important things I want them to know and to help them be the happiest they can be!

2. Exercise! My wonderful sister in law has signed up to do a mini triathlon consisting of a 1/2 mile swim, 13 mile bike ride, and a 3 mile run! It is coming up soon and I have been working hard these past 2 weeks to do this with her. Yes I know it is not adequate training for this event but I just want to finish it, not win it. I have been taking an hour each day to push myself for this thing. One day my sister in law and I rode our bikes 12 miles and then swam a quarter mile and Friday I was able to bike 5 miles, swim 1/2 mile and run a mile. I don't know why I didn't take time to work out my whole life. It makes me a calmer person, a happier person and I feel so great when I am done. I have had more energy with my kids and a stronger desire to push myself each day!

3. I really want to start sewing more and make more of my own clothes. I made this dress on Saturday night and wore it Sunday to church. It was rewarding to know I made this for less then $10 and It motivated me to develop this talent.

Trying new things like new exercise routines or new crafts like sewing takes a great deal of optimism in yourself and your abilities. I never knew I would enjoy these things until I tried them and applied myself more in life.

11 notes:

Heather (wife, mom) said...

I just made my first dress for myself too- except I don't like it. Maybe I'll pick pink next time like you :)

Alexa Mae said...

what the!? that's awesome kar! love it. great job! ♥ you.

Amanda said...

I did notice your dress on Sunday. I didn't get a chance to tell you how cute it is. Thanks again for watching Zoie yesterday. I know it could not have been an easy afternoon. But that time away gave me the strength to handle the massive tantrums both of my kids had when we got home. (even my timid Hunter blew up with crying and bounding the ground, just because I asked him if he wanted some water) I don't know what that was about.

Amanda said...

I did notice your dress on Sunday. I didn't get a chance to tell you how cute it is. Thanks again for watching Zoie yesterday. I know it could not have been an easy afternoon. But that time away gave me the strength to handle the massive tantrums both of my kids had when we got home. (even my timid Hunter blew up with crying and bounding the ground, just because I asked him if he wanted some water) I don't know what that was about.

CHRISTINE said...

Very cute, Karla! You are totally awesome...as a mother, a seamstress and a triatholoner (I made that word up)! Keep up the good work! Looking forward to this weekend!!

hyrum♥chelsea said...

wow! i cant believe you made that. that is so awesome. good luck w/ the triathalon! you'll do great.

The Wolfes said...

Totally love the dress! your husband was bragging about you at church on Sunday about your amazing dress! I like how your flipflops match perfectly!

Cariann said...

Alright girl you have done it yet once again. Every time I see you or your blog you remind me of all the things I keep meaning to do. So thats it. No more "meaning to" it's time to do.

Niki said...

That dress is amazing. Sewing is a talent I wish I had and I am just amazed at those can do it!! Very, very pretty!!!

Lizzy and Porter said...

I love the dress!! You have inspired me. :) We have a new blog by the way www.caradinefamily.blogspot.com
Glad you guys are doing well!

Hannah + 4 said...

No joke like 5 minutes before i opened your blog and read this post I had just fimished making my daughter a dress from scratch and it looks almost identical to yours, minus the flower. If I could attach a picture I would.Although yours looks much better than mine! cute!