Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

My Good Better Best. . . .

Everyday it seems I am faced with different choices. Just today Miss priss crawled on my lap just as I was getting ready to go upstairs and do some laundry. I was at a crossroad between the two and it didn't make more then a second to realize what was the best thing to do at this exact moment and that was cuddling with a little girl who still wants to cuddle with her mamma for these few short years. I then knew this is what I would post about. . . .

I often think about a talk from the church I once heard titled"Good, Better, Best." in this talk it states:"We should begin by recognizing the reality that just because something is good is not a sufficient reason for doing it. The number of good things we can do far exceeds the time available to accomplish them. Some things are better than good, and these are the things that should command priority attention in our lives." (Dallin H. Oaks)

There are different opportunities all day long to make decisions and I often ask myself," What is the choice with the greatest importance, what is the best choice?" My decisions usually are geared towards the Gospel, family, personal growth, or service, most other things can take the back seat, wait until nap time or really years on certain things.

I am optimistic that as I continue to TRY to make the best decisions as they approach that I will not look back hoping things were different or regretting having my priorities in order. To read the rest of this talk. . . AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT CLICK........ HERE

4 notes:

Heather (wife, mom) said...

perfect- thanks Karla. i try to do the same thing, and LOVED that talk :)

Tara said...

Yeah, such a great talk! I need to remember this one more! Thanks!

CHRISTINE said...

You really are such a great example of how a mother should be. I look up to you and the time you give your kids. You understand what a blessing it is to be able to stay at home....and you recognize the importance of teaching and loving your children. Thanks for the reminder and for the link to a great talk. Love you!

TrishAnderson said...

Great reminder - thanks!