Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

7 days without blogging makes one weak.

A week with out a post. Man. Where have I been? What have I been doing. A weekend out of town with a computer resulted in negligence on my part. The real adventure I was on this past weekend was running the 4.2 mile run for PATS RUN. I will start by saying I have never ran more then 2 miles at a time. My sister in law (the wonderful Christine!) said she was doing it and invited anyone who wanted to run it with her. I was leery but I was optimistic about being able to do it and I did. Without any walking! Nothing big for most but big for me:)It is a funny thing about running, its comparable to life in so many ways. Its hard, tiring. and sometimes you just want to give up, but when you put your heart into it, and give it your best, the feeling of enduring to the end is pure bliss.

7 notes:

CHRISTINE said...

Way to go KARLA! I am so, so glad you did that with me...and now I have a buddy for the triathlon! I couldn't ask for a better workout partner. Thanks for motivating me with the whole swimming thing...I'm going to need that motivation for the real thing! I am so excited that we can have these adventures together. I agree with the running being compared to life. So true. Good job! That was an awesome accomplishment for you! Alright, so far today I did 10 miles on the bike and I am hoping to swim tonight!

Alexa Mae said...

Good job Kar!!! That is really impressive. It really is. That is so cool and I wish I would have gone with ya. Love ya girl! Hopefully see ya soon... ;)

☂niki. said...

that is BIG kar! i think one time i ran 2 miles but other than that, i can't run more than 1 mile at a time. kudos to you!

Shannon said...

YAY!! Go Karla! That is AWESOME! It is so exciting to run your first race, let alone run more than you have EVER run! Good job, I will be thinking of you when I run my 2nd 5k in May!

love_b said...

Your so right about running being about life! Go you, thats awesome! I ran a 10k and thought that there was no way I would be able to but I did and I am so happy I did too, it made me be a lot more optimistic about myself and my goals that I set!

hyrum♥chelsea said...

yay for you! thats impressive.

TrishAnderson said...

I miss running. I have been told that because of my knees I should not be doing any running. So sad. It broke my heart in a small way to hear that. Glad you were able to go enjoy yourself with your sis-in-law.