Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

hmmm.

Let me start off by saying most of the locks in our house are on the outside of the door in order to keep children from going into rooms. Second lets embrace the fact I am one to like a good debate somethimes. Not with just anybody but with Porter that is:) Last night there was some arguement that came up. I mean discussion. It seems my husband has the oppisite ability then Edward Cullen, this husband of mine told me last night that he knows what I'm thinking 95% of the time, wow, I never knew this. All this time I thought he skipped bringing home those long stem roses due to the fact he just didn't know I wanted them but as it apprears he knew! So being the adorable, go with the flow wife I am I made note of this and danced around with this idea and different situations. Lets just say the discussion ended as I slipped out of the bathroom and locked the door, so he was locked in the bathroom, I then told him,"I too can read your mind 95% of the time, let me know telepathically when you are ready to come out." Best discussion we have had in a while:) Let's just clarify he later better explained himself by saying that my facial expressions tell it all I guess. He is right, I don't hide much. One can tell what mood I'm in or if I agree or disagree with any given subject just by looking at my face. Sad but true. I am thankful for these "heated discussions" that occur from time to time. It shows me that I have a husband who will fight to make things better, tell me the truth when I do something wrong for the sake of wanting me to be the best person I can and a husband who is comfortable enough to speak up when things are not progressing in our home in the right direction. This I am thankful for.


On the flip side mr husband and I had the opportunity to go on a date this weekend. There are some weeks that are full of stressful days, early bedtimes and discussions over finances. I sometimes have the weekend approach and am glad to just sit and talk or cuddle with mr husband. This was more then that, this was a date. A time that we both set apart to focus on eachother and the butterflies that brought us together. We went to a movie and just talked after for a while. We saw "Dear John" and it reminded me of that early relationship we had 5 years ago. I can remember as we lived two hours away I would sit on the curb waiting for him to pull up. I remember the butterflies that would take over as soon as I saw that man that would one day be my husband. I remember tickle fights, crying out of joy that I found my one and only, and the long days in between our time together. I am happy to say this is a relationship that has only gotten better over time. This is a man I can sit with and not say a word yet have the

0 notes: