Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

with fronds like these who needs anemones

Growing up I really had the greatest friends surrounding me. Once 7th grade started there was this group of girls that were inseperable. These girls knew me and liked me for who I was. . . .
These are girls that I share some of the fondest memories with. . .






These girls made me laugh and made me feel included at a time in life when that's so important.These are girls who had a sleepover almost every Friday night even if it was 10 girls. . . These are girls who when others thought I was weird, with them I fit right in ( don't ask questions about the picture below, if you know these girls you understand if you don't please don't judge and move on to the next picture:) J i wanted to call to okay this with you but your phone was broken,please don't hate me, besides you are a twig and make even a flesh colored leotard look good!

These are girls who were good example and introduced me to the church. Girls who lived what they knew was right and we're not afraid to share what they loved. . and I love you all for that.
I can remember trips to the mall, filebertos, going t peeing, laying out in the sun all summer long, borrowing clothes, dancing, dressing up as boys, laughing together, crying together, swimming, science camp, cheerleading, sleepovers, diaries, ms. Wagner, student council, Goldens beach house, gangster names and FUN.
These are girls who have kids the same age as my kids and are going through the same experiences and offer me advice that I cherish and words of comfort on hard days. . .These are girls who have been there for me throughout the years. . .
These are girls that I know I can turn to today if I were ever in need of a good friend ( and often do turn to them). . .
These are girls that I love and adore and am grateful to still have them as friends today. I love that I can sit and talk with these old friends and pick up right where we left off even if it has been years. These are girls I can call when I'm having a bad day. These are girls I can get together with and know I am in for a good time and uplifing conversation. These are girls that have my back and I have theirs no matter what. I love you all and wish we were all just a few streets away like years ago, thanks for being my friend and bringing so much joy into my life over the years. I hope you all enjoyed all the old pictures.xoxoxo

12 notes:

☂niki. said...

good times kar! we really had the best junior high years. they were my favorite. i love you. this was such a sweet post. but if i'm being honest, i really could have done without those last two pictures. can we say, too much makeup??? also, there should be a rule against taking pregnant pictures but not showing the baby bump as proof. yikes.

TrishAnderson said...

Fun! I still have friends like that from over the years, but I also have new friendships that I develop that I would consider like this as well. It is great how the Lord puts people into our lives. Another great POSITIVE post Karla. Keep it up!

David and Shalynna said...

This is my favorite post out of all the optimistic obsessions! I guess I'm a little biased because I love pictures of myself with white eyeshadow, white lip gloss, sleeveless shirts, etc. :) Haha. I feel so blessed to have had the friends that we had. Growing up with you girls was the most wonderful thing. I am so lucky. I love all of our memories and will cherish them forever. I'm so thankful for the blog world so that we could all reconnect.

I love you, Karla.

Oh and I'm still bitter I wasn't in the buddy pictures (is that what they are called?). I think TWO girls asked to borrow two of my shirts for the pictures. So cruel. Oh well, at least I was at the majority of the sleepovers. Friendliest 2000! Remember? Oh.... good times!

Ashley Smith said...

OH Karal i am so glad you posted this!! I was just looking through all of my pictures from Jr High and HS and i wanted so bad to do a post like this but i dont have a scanner! I love it! Oh the days of being stress-free and playing all day everyday! SO fun! I am so glad for blogging too- and that we can all keep in touch! I'm sad i missed many of the sleepovers... oh the crazy doug and kristen days :) haha... except i think i must say that our cheer sleepover at Emily Owens' when Ryan Neville drove us to the poston pool (no longer in existance!!! so sad!!) and made other mischief had to beat them all :)

Brian and Jessica McCann said...

haha I love all of these pictures. they bring back such good times. My favorite was the gangsta names that we all came up with. how funny

Alexa Mae said...

ohhhh good times! but i am still bitter i didn't have a gangsta name (some girls were too mean to give me one.) and also, i was not in those buddy pics either sha. i can photoshop myself in now though...muahahahaha!

Jessica said...

Is it sad that the most embarrassing picture to me is the most recent one??? Hopefully a summer tan and a few pounds lost will help me feel better about pictures of myself!! Chad saw the nude leotard picture one time and all he could say was "what the h?" I was dying laughing! But he doesn't understand!

I feel so bad sha and al weren't inthe buddy pictures! If I had anything to do with it I am SORRY!!!! Alex I thought you had a gangster name?

Jessica said...

just read your older entries... pardon my french- you look too damn cute! No fair! How do I keep missing these giveaways!!!

Alexa Mae said...

hahahaha jess!!! i miss you so much. i have to say that leotard pic gave me a good laugh. you are always so gorgeous, whatever you wear. lets plan a get together! and no, i didn't have a name. sad huh? i hate junior high now...haha. and jess, you were always very nice to me. it wasn't you!

McKayandLani said...

The good old days! Memories I will cherish forever! Thanks for putting a smile on my face with this post! Sorry if I was the mean one. I usually just did whatever
Masta "K" told me to! Haha J/K J/K.
Love you Karla!

Lindsey said...

I love the title of this post, so cute!

Kelly said...

Haha, that's the best post, i sure miss those days! We really had so much fun, i have the best memories from Jr. high. Whatever happened to us all living in a colde sac with our husbands and kids? I guess we still have time! Sha i hope it was not me either who barrowed your shirt but i have lightened my hair and celeste asked if it was one of your mom's wigs!haha i have always wanted to be blonde ever since those!
Love you all!