Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Try Me

Mr. husband,
I am sorry we had a hard time at lunch when both kids were upset and Miss Priss was crying because of tummy pains. I didn't mean to say the D word. . . twice. (quietly I might add, no kids heard, It just slipped out!)It was a long day before I met you for lunch. The Dr. said your daughter should be better soon, and her tummy felt good and soft. Please tell your coworkers wife thank you for watching our son during the appointment. I was able to hold our daughter the whole time and rub her back and sing her lullubys to calm her down. It was just what we both needed as mom and daughter. I was sad you had a late meeting tonight and got home after 9pm but this NEVER happens so I understand this once. You are wecome for having your kids fed,bathed and asleep by the time you got home. I had such a wonderful time with you tonight as we went in the backyard with our big blanket and layed in our chairs looking up at the stars. It was just what we needed after a stessful day where we were not as patient with one another as we wished we were earlier this day. I won't forget this night with the starts shining bright, the train passing in the backround and you by my side. Thanks for inviting me to share your chair with you, being close is always more fun, I'm glad after two kids we can still share a chair even if I did squish your bladder. Thanks for moving us to Tucson especially out in the boonies where we don't have steet lights or excessive lighting due to the observatories, stars don't shine this bright at home home. I love you and hope as hard days come we can handle situations with calmess and work together as I know we can. We need more times like these to bond and refuel for when we are running on empty. Oh I love you so. P.S. I emptied the trash to make up for my trashy language today and teach myself a lesson.
P.P.S. have I ever mentioned how much we love the backyard you helped put together for us to enjoy:) Thanks love.

6 notes:

SloneFamily said...

Look at you! Way to be a good wife and Mom Karla :) Don't worry I Think we all let a few trashy words slip out now and again when stress gets the better of us!

tHe ApPeLs said...

i love your backyard!

David and Shalynna said...

Such a sweet photo of the two of you. I can't wait until I have a backyard of my own someday. Yours is very pretty!

TrishAnderson said...

First, backyard looks amazing. Second, days of emptiness are a struggle. Good for you for refueling and re-energizing your couple fuel cells!

☂niki. said...

wha??? that's your backyard?! is there a pool behind that fence? it looks amazing!!

Ashley Smith said...

sounds like a sweet moment- mike and i need to take more moments like these too! And i love your backyard- good job porter!