Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Share the love. . .

Tonight I went on splits with the sister missionaries ( I just went out with the missionaries in our ward to meet with investigators in the church). As we went to a few houses I could not help but go back to a time I didn't belong to THIS church. A time that I thought I knew what true happiness was. As I saw these people listen and feel what I felt when I first knew the church was true it just brought a smile to my face. To know what I know now is such a blessing in my life. If I didn't have this truth and knowledge when my mom passed away I think I would have sunk into the deepest of deep depressions but I didn't because I now know that my Father in Heaven has a plan for me. That there is more to life then worldliness, that He want us to be happy and close to Him and that He sent His Son as our Savior so we could return to be with Him as well as have comfort and peace through Him in this life. I am one who was not raised Mormon or L.D.S. and had different opinions about the church and the people but as soon as I sat with open ears and an open heart I felt something that I could never deny. Everything that was taught made sense and was almost as if it was familiar. I hope if there is ever anyone that has any interest or questions you know you can always contact me by e mail karlaadorespink@gmail.com . I found this out for myself, my family against me and still to this day I can say this was the best decision I have ever made. Thanks for all those who helped and supported me in this journey!

8 notes:

Beth and John Schaub said...

I saw your blog when you had the apron giveaway through Emily Yeager's blog :) Reading this post hit close to home. Your story sounds exactly like mine and ironically I was just thinking today about how thankful I am to have found the church and have it in my life. I am so blessed and happy with how things have turned out. <3

Tara said...

How awesome for you Karla! I just love converts. There are sooo many in here in Miss and it makes church better. What an example you are too so many, including me! :)

TrishAnderson said...

Again, your blog will touch many. We love you and are so thankful that you are part of the ward and that we are able to share in your spirit and strength!

SloneFamily said...

Wow, Karla... you know I love you! And I am very happy for you that you found this happiness. And I would never judge you or anyone on what it is that they worship... because it is a very personal decision that only you can find in your heart. I just know that this might come across wrong to some people who are christians just not members of the LDS church--- when you alluded to not knowing true happiness or saying that "NOW" that you are LDS you know that the lord has a plan for you. (And I have no idea what your previous religious preference before concerting to mormonism)---- but you are almost suggesting that for someone like Me or other friends, that I know you have, that are not members of the church- Heavenly Father does not have a plan for people like us. Which I know in my heart is far from true.

I know you are a good person Karla and you did not intend to offend anyone-- I just think that as christians we should respect everyones beliefs and know that just because someone is not LDS does not mean that God does not love them. God's grace and mercy extends to all who know, accept him into their life, and follow his teachings.

Love you. Just my opinion. Truly I am happy for you though :)

porter and karla said...

oh ali i completely understand what you are saying and know 100% that He has a plan for all of us every belief or religion and that we are ALL His children. Before I joined the church I now belong to I had no religious influence of any religion and I do know that Christ is happiness no matter what religion and that His atonemt and love are here for all to partake for sure. I have found in my own life that me becoming LDS was part of His plan for ME, and has been what I needed to become the happiest person I could be. I am so grateful for others example such as yourself who although we may not have every belief the same we can still be united by the testimony we each have of our wonderful Savior. Aly you are such a wonderful example of a good person and a loving mom and I look up to you and respect you and your beliefs very much! love you girl, thanks for the comment:)

SloneFamily said...

Obvi... it is your blog and you are totally entitled to whatev you want to put on your blog. I think my emotions are running high and I felt hurt by it. But Thank You for acknowledging that We Are ALL God's children, LDS or not. (Laughing) I am the cheesiest little booger today!

Loves ya Karla Girl

Alexa Mae said...

i admire you kar. i loved this post. i know you are meaning that before you converted, you had no insight into ANY kind of plan for you and now you do and that helped you through tough times with your mom. you are an example to me and your strength is great. xoxo

☂niki. said...

i love you kar. i am so happy you found happiness in your life...whatever form it may have come in.

oh...and girl...let's go shoppin!