Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Will you still need me, will you still feed me. . .

When I'm 64? ( gotta love the beatles)

This Valentines day got me a thinking about LOVE. You know that kind that lasts through everything and can stop time. The kind that can endure anything and come out on top. The kind that changes and only grows stronger as the two of you change and get older and so my optimism began. . . . .


I am optimistic that mr. husband will love me as I age and start to go grey, enjoy prunes with me when the bowels start to misbehave, have wheel chair races when we both cant walk anymore, tell me I'm the most beautiful girl he knows even when all this sun I have soaked up over the years has taken its revenge, hug me close even if there is "more to love", still kiss me every night right before bed- even if its 7pm. I am optimistic he will inform me when my skirt is tucked into my undies instead of just laugh, continue to have me walk on the inside of him away from the road, remind me to soak my dentures, and eat the meals I make as my seeing diminishes and I "try to remember" all the ingredients. . . . .


But then I thought,"no I'm not optimistic this will happen, I KNOW with all my heart it will."

3 notes:

David and Shalynna said...

I love these two posts attributed to your husband. You two have a special relationship and I'm so happy! I remember when you guys met, dated, got engaged, got married, etc. I was so happy for you then and I'm still so happy for you! Who would have thought that all the while you and I were pushing our way through jr. high and high school and your future husband was in my ward and lived a couple streets away. :)

TrishAnderson said...

Nice. I am reminded of my grandparents that passed away just a few years ago as I read your blog. I know my relationship will be the same way.

JSeedall said...

Awe, your posts were so sweet! I love reading them, the way you write things make my glasses fog up a little. =) You guys are such a special couple!