Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Where did you come from. . .

Dear BFF,
After you left today from dropping off dinner for our family I was in tears. It was so good to feel loved and taken care of. What really meant a lot was you did all of this while sick yourself! I can not express in words how appreciative I am of this. And bff not only did you bring me DELICIOUS home made soup, but you even went through the trouble to make AMAZING home made rolls and a non chocolate dessert because you know I don't like chocolate. You have no idea how you brightened my day, you made my day. As I found Miss Priss with baby vicks all over her hands and walls of her room I remembered," I don't have to make dinner tonight." and that brought comfort. As mr. husband said he was going to be home late with both kids crying I quickly remembered" At least I don't' have to make dinner tonight." The hardest thing about being 2 hours away from any family is that there is not someone there for you when times are hard or you need a little help, but with you here I feel like I have family in town, someone I can always depend on , someone who always has my back and thank you for that! It is amazing how something as simple as putting thought towards someone and bringing them dinner as their family is sick can really be what gets them through that day. I don't think anyone will ever know what good they have really done someone just by caring, and I can not express the gratitude I have for you caring about me, so thank you. . . and I'm sorry for being an Indian giver, I will return the swing soon!
Loves, me!

5 notes:

Branden & Jamie said...

Karla,
I'm so grateful that I had a chance to help you out!! Just being able to stop by for those couple of minutes and see you (and your clean house)and your adorable little E blowing kisses at me, made the 'no nap' & Kayla's too, well worth it. I hope you enjoyed dinner as much as we did. Yes, I may not have a voice, and I may be sick for the rest of my life with two kids... But I'm glad you let me help you, and I'm glad that we're friends. I am here for you whenever you need me. Being able to help makes me happy. Oh, and I can't try out the swing, because I don't have anymore D batteries. Ha Ha!
Your BFF!

☂niki. said...

I'm glad you're being taken care of over there!! It's good to have bffs!

Alexa Mae said...

well see, tucson isn't so bad afterall. what a great friend kar! love you.

David and Shalynna said...

Wait... I thought I was your bff? :)

This post makes me crave homemade dinner rolls. What a sweet friend you have.

TrishAnderson said...

I am glad Jamie took care of you. I fully intended to take you dinner. I even had it ready. Then I went to serve my family and realized it was already 6:30 and probably too late and gave up. I am sorry. At least someone was heading the prompting since I did not. Sorry!!!!! I will do better next time, I promise!