Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

A+

We are all still sick. Well Miss Priss is better, a little cough still but other than that she is good. We gave her children's NyQuil. Yes the box said not to give it to children under four, yes I spoke with a health care professional before administering it and yes she did have increased excitability as the box had labeled under warnings. The first night we have it to her she slept so much better then the night previous where she was crying and coughing thru the night. The following night however, she was not as sick and the increased excitability came. . . and she lay in bed for 3 hours happy, awake and talking to herself. I went and lay by her for a while to keep her company and as soon as I open her door she says," look I awake" I then lay by her and she says,"cars, noise." and she said '"hi mommmy, I awake" about 10 more times. It is hard this week not getting any sleep, with Little man awake a lot and myself waking up coughing until I want to vomit. I'm so tired when the kids wake up and I have not been the patient mother I strive to be. I do not have even close to the energy I need to keep up with these kids. And I am not even close to being on top of the house chores. I am energy less and my entire head and chest hurt. The sound of my kids crying makes my head throb with all the pressure I have and they were both crying at once, many times, and I could not keep up to make everyone happy. Being sick is no fun. But I took happiness in knowing I am doing my best. It may not be your best, or my best when I'm feeling good, but for today it was my best. I picked up downstairs just to have a little more calmness in my home, I lay with the kids in bed to show then I loved them even though I didn't run around with them today. I painted Miss Priss' finger and toe nails when she asked even though I so badly just wanted to lay.No I did not prepair a home cooked dinner for mr. husband but I made him a sweet deli sandwich to show I loved him as well and cared that he was fed. I may have felt like not much was done today but I did my best and that is all you can do. I need to remember to not ever look at another persons best, or another days best but take life day by day getting the most out of it, trying our best and always, always cherishing the joy.

5 notes:

TrishAnderson said...

That is a great post. We all certainly do our own best with what we have that day. I hope you feel better very soon. I know Mr. P is home today, but call me if you need anything. PS - Use the humidifier as long as you need. I wasn't worried.

tHe ApPeLs said...

i hope you guys get well soon!

Lindsey said...

I really hope you all get better soon! I love the point you made at the end. I know that most of us know better than to compare ourselves to other people's "bests" - but I think we forget to not compare our own "bests" day by day. At least when we are sick anyways :) You are a great mommy and you are definitely doing all you can! Which is PLENTY! You will feel better soon :) Good luck.

Amanda said...

It certainly is the worst being that sick. I think it was passed around during nursery cause Hunter got it too. He didn't start showing it till wed. But it's still around. We happen to have his two year check up on Monday so I thought that worked out nice. He's just been watching Caillou all day long for the past three days.

CHRISTINE said...

Oh man, being sick and being the mom just isn't fun! I am sorry! I heard you were going to take Reed to the doctor...poor guy. You guys get better soon! Sure wish we lived closer so I could bring you some soup too. Did you get my text with the Ayr Saline nose gel info? If not, that's what it's called! The saline is safe for the babies. It really seems to help when Levi can't breathe out of his nose. Talk to you soon!