I am not a huge vegetable lover, It is just not in me, but I do want to do the best for my body and provide it with the essentials to be strong, fight cancer, make more beautiful babies and so on. . . . after reading this e mail it again reminded me to look past the fact that it is a veggie and remember the good it does for your body. . .
1. A sliced Carrot resembles the human eye including the pupil, iris, and radiating lines. Science indicates that carrots help protect the vision, especially night vision.
2. A Tomato has up to four chambers and is commonly red. Tomatoes are rich in lycopene and helps prevent heart disease, prostate cancer, breast cancer and more. Tomato juice can also reduce the tendency toward blood clotting.
3. Grapes hang in a cluster that resembles the shape of the heart. The stronger the color of the grape is, the higher the concentration of phytonutrients. Grapes prevent heart disease and reduce platelet clumping and harmful blood clots.
4. Walnuts resemble the brain, mimicking the wrinkles and folds of the neocortex. Research suggests that walnuts may reduce the risk or delay the onset of Alzheimer's disease. Walnut - Wikipedia The high concentration of omega-3 fats in walnuts promotes healthy brain function.
5. Kidney Beans, true to their name are kidney shaped. They provide nutrients that are helpful to the human kidneys.
6. Celery has a bone like appearance and is rich in silicon and Vitamin K, which are needed for healthy joints and bones
7. the Aztec name for avocado was ahuacatl, meaning "testicle" History of Avocados. An extract of avocado impedes the growth of both androgen-dependent and androgen-independent prostate cancer cells. . . . I woulden't mention this to mr. husband while making guacamole:) bad humor, sorry.
9. Oranges, Grapefruits and other Citrus fruits have been compared to the appearance of female mammary glands. These fruits contain nutrients that are helpful in the fight against breast cancer.
10. Sliced Onions resemble skin cells and contain quercetin. Studies have shown when treated with a combination of quercetin and ultrasound at 20 kHz for 1-minute duration, skin and prostate cancers show a 90% mortality within 48 hours with no visible mortality of normal cells.
11. Sweet Potatoes resemble the pancreas and have a low glycemic index count, which is beneficial for diabetics.
And here is our new blender, a.k.a. our valentines day gift to one another. It can blend anything from the center of a pineapple to the core of an apple. We have started drinking "green smoothies" daily and doing our body some good. . . here we have grapes, assortment of berries, carrots, whole apple, spinach, pear and pineapple. . . yummmm, just what the body needs:)it becomes a beautiful green, actually tasty and filling full of goodness drink. I am optimistic it will keep us healthy and avoid sickness like this week! (little man now has a double ear infection:(