Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

The good, the bad and the ugly. . . .


As I walk into her room and her baby doll is asleep in her toy oven I think," what am I teaching her." As she comes out of my bedroom with mascara EVERYWHERE again I think," what am I teaching her." As we found her in her room trying to go pee in her pretend kitchen pot I thought,"what am I teaching her?" As she shoves as much pancake in her mouth I think,"what am I teaching her?" As she says,"soda please" again,. . . . "what am I teaching her?" or when she put her baby doll in TIME OUT in the dogs' cage. . . really,"what am I teaching her. And lastly when she comes out of her room dressed in only a pink cowgirl hat,"what AM I TEACHING HER??". . . . Nevermind, this must be what her dad is teaching her. . . . there's some optimism for you.

12 notes:

David and Shalynna said...

You are teaching her wonderful things! For one thing, you teach her to love the color pink, which is pretty important for a little girl to know. :)

Kat Clark said...

Karla you are the cutest girl ever. I loved reading your blog just now! I am so sad you didn't give me the real details about how sick you guys have been when I talked to you last week! I am just a hop, skip and jump away and I am ALWAYS willing to help out a friend. Please call me if you ever need anything, even if it's a nap or a gallon of milk or an understanding ear. (After all you were the stranger/friend that was there for me when I had my pregnancy scare) I hope you guys are feeling better now and that Miss Priss' doll didn't burn up in her oven. :) xoxo

Amanda said...

This is such a funny post. thanks for helping me laugh today!

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

Alexa Mae said...

kar, i just adore you. you are a great mom and elizabeth is such a doll. i love you both! you always make me laugh. xoxo

Lindsey said...

LoL! I love it! I will totally pin those things on Kolter :)

Thanks for the laugh.

LOVE your blog.

Shannon said...

Hahahaha! She is such a doll-just beautiful! Glad to know I am not the only one thinking that with my children!

Brian and Jessica McCann said...

haha I love it. Your posts are just so fun to read. Thanks for the encouragment by the way. It is so nice to have you say those things i really needed them. I miss you and am glad that we can keep in contact through blogging. By the way your girl is adorable.

☂niki. said...

bahahahaha!

favorite post!

natalieandderyk said...

Hey the whole peeing in a pot thing is a good sign!! She can't generalize yet. So you may tell her the oven in the kitchen is hot but to her it only means THAT oven NOT all ovens. Especially a play oven. Why wouldn't it make a great place to put the baby doll? Just wait until your little boys tops all of her tricks!!!!

TrishAnderson said...

I love it. Way to look on the bright side of everything!! I enjoyed the chuckle.

Kim said...

i'm just glad that i'm not the only one with a little girl who does random things like that and i too think 'what am i teaching her'