Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Pretty is as pretty does. . .

"Pretty is as pretty does", is what my mom would always say to me growing up. Oh how I miss her. To me this saying means a persons beauty is measured by her actions. Today I was ugly, ugly, ugly. I must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed. I had this phrase from my mom repeat in my head as I was contradicting almost everything mr. husband said because I was in an ugly mood. He said," Wow its 42 degrees outside, that's pretty cold." me- "um its not that cold. I wish you would have told me how many degrees it was outside, I would have worn something different." Mr. husband," everything you say is negative this morning, change your attitude." me-" um no I said something positive I told you good job for putting on little mans shoes (anyone who has tried to put church shoes on a 6 month old kicking like crazy baby knows why I told him good job)" So that is just to show you how our morning was. This all took place on a two hour drive to his brothers baby blessing. I remained in this ugly mood and slept most of the drive there until I entered the chapel and took in what was going on. We were here to support and welcome this new baby into the family. This sweet little girl, our niece, and then all the ugliness was gone. I looked at my own babies and was reminded the day they were blessed and the sweet words spoken. miss priss on her blessing day (above) and little man on his blessing day (below). . . . Then I thought about mr.husband and tried to imagine the day he was blessed and I could not help but lean into him and say,"I love you, and I'm really sorry for acting so ugly this morning." Of course he instantly forgave me but I could not help think what wonderful laughs or heart felt discussions did I miss out on with that two hour drive because I was being ugly? I will never know but I do know I don't want to ever miss out on what could be a wonderful time by being ugly. I wish I could have been optimistic and thought about these sweet things when this ugliness first crept into my day. So here is to pretty is as pretty does and making the most of times by being pretty! I wish you all a beautiful day!

3 notes:

TrishAnderson said...

Beautiful notes. We have all had moments/days like that. That you for your courage to post of it and remind us all - for being an example!

☂niki. said...

i love that saying.

this is such a good life changing project you're doing! i love accompanying you on this journey.

Alexa Mae said...

its so true! and i love that you're doing this blog. it's so fun, and you make me laugh. xoxo