Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Optimism in others. . .

Today I had some errands to run. . . . I was optimistic (as we went and waited in line at the post office) that my kids would behave and I would look like super mom waiting in line. . . .Nope didn't happen, they were both cranky and I watched the horror come across a woman's face as little mans Binky dropped on the filthy floor.( i DID clean it before returning it to his mouth).Then I proceeded to Target to pick up some diapers. The kids behaved great as we went up and down isles. I found a little something I thought I NEEDED and this month mr. husband and I are really sticking to a budget so we can up our savings. . . I obviously blew my weeks spending money over the weekend and have to wait until Thursday for more. I knew going to Target for diapers I would find something I NEEDED. So, cute little dollar zone items I had to have went in my cart. I brought our tootsie roll change bank just in case I found a little something extra I NEEDED. I thought those around me who saw me counting change out of my cool bank and handing it to the cashier would know I was budgeting and be proud of me, but No I got the same look of horror. . . . Thank you to the person at the post office who could tell I was searching for a pen (with crying babies )for handing me your pen. I placed more optimism in the world around me and you made my day. Thank you to the cashier who congratulated me as I told him I was sticking to my budget instead of giving me a horror look, cashier you also brought optimism to my life. And lucky tootsie roll bank. . . thank you for being HALF FULL as I went to buy my NEEDED extra purchases
P.S. I ALSO HAVE OPTIMISM IN OTHERS THAT BLOGGING WILL BRING OLD FRIENDSHIPS CLOSER AND EVEN START NEW FRIENDSHIPS WITH PEOPLE I HAVE NEVER MET THROUGH BLOGGING. . . AND THIS IS DONE BY COMMUNICATING BACK AND FORTH AKA COMMENTS. SO LEAVE SOME LOVE AND I WILL TRY TO BE BETTER WITH YOUR BLOGS TOO! I STAY HOME WITH KIDS ALL DAY YOU BETTER BELIEVE SOME SOCIAL INTERACTION GOES A LONG WAY.

12 notes:

Amanda said...

That wasn't very nice of the strange lady to give you a dirty look at Target when you paid with coins from a tootsie roll bank. What if you were poor and that's all you had. I will be optimistic that next time strangers will be more sympathetic to those trying their best.

David and Shalynna said...

Those Tootise rolls look delicious. So cute that you brought your bank toTarget and are sticking to your budget.

I'll leave you comments if you leave me some... :)

Tyler, Kamry, Jaxxen, Madexx and Nixxen said...

Good job at sticking to your budget! Its so hard to do when you find stuff you absolutely need! Also I have found that Tucson is much different from Mesa. I think its the way people are here and the way they judge. Seems like lots of people are just grumpy!! What part of Tucson do you guys live in?

Ashley Smith said...

you're so cute and i love reading your little moments! I LOVE the picture of elizabeth on the potty!! She is just SOOOO cute!

britney said...

The trusted "tootsie bank"! I love it. I had a metal one growing up, and i was so excited to get my daughter the same one! I think it's great that kids learn about saving, and I'm sure they are watching you closely! i'm optomistic that you are teaching them to power of saving!

tHe ApPeLs said...

haha ive used change to buy stuff before too and that look of horror came from my hub!!

Michelle Elkins AKA Mickey said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I just love blogging! your little fam is so cute!

TrishAnderson said...

Good outlook in others. I love it when people are kind and loving in public. I love the look of horror picture you found to add into the post. That was funny and made the whole thing even better!

PS - I always leave you comments!! I will continue to do that!

☂niki. said...

hahaha! you make me laugh.

way to go with the tootsie roll bank.

i cashed in our coins at christmas time and made $150 extra for spending!

Unknown said...

I love your blog!! I found it through a friend of mine and I really enjoy reading it. Keep up the optimism - it's helping me remember to be positive too.

Amy said...

Ah the look of horror! I'm well familiar with it. I often receive it when I am nursing in public. We once had a waiter who brought the food and didn't come back until my baby was done eating. What is it about a woman with a blanket over her shoulder that makes people freak out?!

I feel you about the "stay at home" thing. We currently only have one car so we are imprisoned in our house for the duration.

Jacque said...

hey karla, i dont even know if you remember me from high school but i love this idea for a blog! i'm trying to be more optimistic as well and it is so inspiring to read about you and your journey.