Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Monday, February 22, 2010

hmmm. . . . bananas why did you have to go bad on me. . . .The pessimist would see it as food wasted. . . (yes that is a baby doll in the trash, the dog chewed its arm) But the optimist sees it as an opportunity for. . . .BANANA BREAD, grab little miss and let's goBefore. . . After. . . .recipe at the bottom What's that. . . you have never seen a kitchen aid quite like this one? That is because it is an old school one that use to be bisque ( Mr. husbands brother gave it to us after he found it at goodwill for $10!) and Mr. huband took it apart into what seemsed to be 50 peices and spray painted it. I love it and it works perfect and is one of a kind



Set oven to 350.Take your bread pan and place 3 Tbs butter in it and place it in the over while the over is warming.
In a large bowl cream together:
1/2 c. butter
2 eggs
1 c. sugar
Then add:
1 1/2 c flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
blend well, then add:
1 c very ripe bananas
1/2 c sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
mix, add nuts and pour on top of the melted butter that is in your bread pan and bake for about 1 hour. . . ENJOY!

5 notes:

CHRISTINE said...

Mmmm, that bread sounds-and looks- really good! Sorry you guys are STILL sick! Levi was getting better and now all of the sudden has a wheeze again...perfect, just before we leave! Poor guy. We missed you at the Williams FHE. Hope to see you all soon!

TrishAnderson said...

That looks super yummy. Most of the time bananas don't stay around at our house long enough to look like banana bread worthiness. But in the rare case it does I pop it into my freezer to keep until I get three or four and then make it with my saved bananas. Josh had told me about Mr. P's paint job on your kitchen aid. Looks great!!

Amanda said...

I just laughed at this blog because that's the exact start to a "Sid the science kid" episode I've seen a million times. "Banana, why'd you have to go and get all brown and mushy" Thanks for sharing the recipe. I made banana bread just three weeks ago and it was nasty! I threw it out. I'll try this recipe next.

David and Shalynna said...

That kitchenaid is awesome!

Shannon said...

All I can say this time is YUUUUUMMMMM!