Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Bitter sweet. . .

Today started off rather um. . . hard. I woke up with the sense of being defeated. Here I am ready to move on from being sick but it just keeps holding me back and keeping me down. I'm behind on chores, I feel like I have not been able to appreciate my kids with feeling sick, my head it throbbing, nose congested, kids crying, and the list goes on. Another thing that had me feeling blue was that today was my moms birthday, she passed away 3 years ago from cancer, a few months before Little miss was born, her first grandchild. I had feelings of sadness this morning as well as frustration with being sick, feeling lousy and the fact that I want my energy back to enjoy my kids, be able to handle being more patient with them and having a sense of accomplishment about my day. As I was sitting with self pity and loneliness I decided to do something about it, after all we decide if we are going to let the day take control of us or if we are going to take control of the day. So I loaded up the kids to meet mr. husband for lunch. Sometimes just getting out can do wonders for one with sadness. As I was driving I felt the need to vent, to cry, to let it all out and to seek advice and comfort. I called my friend almighty, champion of challenges and just let it all out. I received the comfort I needed and cried without shame to a friend with a caring heart. It then started my day towards the right direction. I then sat happily sharing lunch with mr. husband and came home with a sense of optimism. I embraced the card I've been handed and sat with Little miss looking over pictures of Angel grandma. I had a text exchange with sibling about fond memories about our momma. I rocked little man to sleep thinking this is the love my sweet mom had for me. I took a day that started out hopeless and full of sadness and I changed this day into something worth smiling about. Just because your day starts out bad doesn't mean it needs to finish that way. . . We don't get to choose the challenges we go thru but we do get to choose what we make of them.

8 notes:

Jayson, Kim, and Lotta Carlson said...

that was very sweet. and i needed to hear it very badly. thank you.

David and Shalynna said...

This was beautiful, Karla. I loved reading this. I'm so glad you were able to feel comforted and loved today. Your mom was such a wonderful woman. I loved her! I'm thankful to know that you have a strong testimony and that you know you'll see her again. Love you tons.

Kat Clark said...

So sweet and so true. I love that you are real on your blog and that everything isn't sugar coated. You're very refreshing.

Shannon said...

Oddly enough, I need to say thank you for that post. It help me take my life a different direction. No matter the challenge we need to all look at it the way you did. Thank you!

Amanda said...

Really, really great post. Your morning yesterday is mine today. Zoie had me up a few times last night and I'm feeling awful from my cold. So, I just woke up in the worst mood. I'll feel yucky all day but I know I can change my mood at least. Thanks for the inspiration. It's just what I needed this morning.

TrishAnderson said...

Nice post. It is good to see the transformation. One of my sister's favorite quotes (that she actually got from our grandma) is "We can choose to sit and stew, or we can go and do." Sounds like you made the choice to go and do and it made a world of difference. Glad you are feeling better on a rather hard day. Thinking of you!

Amber said...

I stumbled across your blog and I'm addicted. You explain your hard days in ways I wish I could. Your example of trying to find the good in each day encourages me to look a little harder. I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad you had someone to share your aching heart with. Those listening ears and helping hands are angels, for sure.

Alexa Mae said...

you are amazing and i love you and am so proud to be your friend. xoxo