Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Some days you gotta dance for joy day 2

I found it. A special something that I have to look forward to each week that involves taking time out for me. There is a studio here in town that only offers adult dance classes. I tried the hip hop last week and had my butt kicked and now I tried ballet today. Both days I came home with a sense of accomplishment and energy to take on whatever is on my plate. It really put me in a great mood and the rest of the day I had an optimistic outlook. . . .It has taken me until now as a mother to realize there has to be something in my week for me. I highly believe in a family being a strong family unit and spending the majority of their time as a whole but It has taken me this long to realize each person in a family needs to take time to strengthen whatever it is that makes you YOU. If it be a sport a hobby a talent whatever. You then as a stronger self can make the family as a whole that much better. We are now finding something mr husband can do for him . . .

6 notes:

Lindsey said...

Karla I LOVE this idea for a blog. You are just so sweet! I have recently discovered this myself - that taking time out for ME isn't selfish - it is good for my family. I am a happier person because of it. Anyway, thanks for putting it into words. You rock!

Kristen Crandall said...

Did you get a chance to read the RS VTing message for this month? Provident living. It isn't just food storage. It is physical, mental, and emotional preparation so that when tough stuff comes our way we can solve our own problems. We cannot feed others temporally if we do not have food to feed ourselves first. Like wise, we cannot feed our family (or others around us) spiritually, emotionally , or mentally if we do not first feed our selves. I am excited to see your blog project unfold. Good luck!

SloneFamily said...

This is great Karla. I love the side bar story.... it is so accurate it is scary! And then to just wake and do it all the next day again can get pretty old if you're not stopping and enjoying the little things in your kids life as well as in your own. I love it. Go Karla!

Becky and Tyler said...

You've got to share where this studio is and all the info...I've been wanting to do some sort of dance stuff for a while!!!

Amanda said...

Great Post! I haven't gotten that far in my realization yet. I still fell bad when I take time for myself. I count doing my VT or a papered chef party as my me time...but I really do need to do something I love. I've been wanting to take up my pottery again. Thanks for the inspiration.

Ashley Smith said...

Love it! Karla that is AWESOME!