Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Let's just pretend....

Oh my Elizabeth. Her little imagination is in full bloom.One minute she is a princess with the evil stepmother after her and the next thing I know her and her best friend Bryson, who isnt even over, are playing in her room. She is amazing. I could eat her and her excitement about life up all day long.
      Last Tuesday I had someone stop by in my ward unannounced. To be honest I love these types of visits because I want to come across as someone who would welcome anyone at my door. I obviously would love if it occurred when I was ready for the day with my kids dressed and with the house in order but whatever, its life so that doesn't happen.....ever.
    When I answered the door last Tuesday at 11am I was in pjs, my son in a diaper, my daughter naked with a mess stuck to her  bum cheeks, a dirty diaper in hand ( I realized later it wasn't even wrapped well so you could see all the inners) and my house a DISASTER! But I opened the door, and we chatted for a while.
     After she left I felt a little embarrassed about the way we must have appeared. I thought what I could have done differently that day to have things together a bit more when she stopped by. I thought about that morning how I sat with my children at the breakfast table all of us in our jammies. How we sat and read books, how we played in the backyard, watched butterflies, and I listened to Elizabeth play pretend. How I chased my rowdy son and tickled him until I heard that belly laugh of his that melts my heart and then it occurred to me that there was not one thing I would have changed in that day. It was a messy day, it was a lounging day, it was a perfect day. My children will not remember if I had make up on every day or not but I am sure they will remember the time their momma spent with them....

9 notes:

Anonymous said...

I agree!! Never change a thing!! All that time spent "preparing" and "changing" would have been taking away from reading together, playing outside, or watching butterflies! And what a better way to start the day?!

love_b said...

So cute! Sounds like our house :)

Lindsey said...

Thank you for this!!

Emily said...

OH karla!!! i absolutely LOVE THIS. it's so true. kids are amazing. they are so true, innocent, loving and smart. your one lucky momma. enjoy every minute.

Cariann said...

Your so silly! You have some much fun with your kids. they will never question that mommy loves them and that is most important.

Tatiana said...

I wish I could say my life was more organized but it's so not. It sounds exactly like yours. And I love it. Half the time I go out the door, I have forgotten to put shoes on one of my children, or their face is still a mess from breakfast or whatever else they found that morning. Life is more fun this way.

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

I LOVE YOUR HEADER :) So cute.

TrishAnderson said...

Love it! And such is life. You are keeping the most important in the focus. Good for you Karla!!

Casey and Tamra said...

Plus, she was coming to see you, not your house:)