Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

as of late......

I have not been much of a blogger unfortunately. I miss it. But more importantly I know years from now reading this I will most likely wish I had written down more. So I'm hopefully back to writing more frequently. Sometimes I feel like I'm going through a bit of a transition phase of life. That is kind of how I have been feeling these past few weeks. Sometimes when in those transitions periods of life when I am going from one big event to the next I tend to just go through the day to day things without really focusing on them. Having a list of things to do and accomplishing them just because it's part of the day. Or days where I try to cram as much into a day like cleaning, crafts, an outing with the kids, lunch with the hubby, homemade dinner, yadda yadda yadda, and those are the days that FLY BY so quickly I don't even remember much of what occurred that day.  After listening to a general authority in our church council us to "slow down" and "simplify" our lives I have been trying to keep that in the front of my mind. But it's hard. I am one who trys to do a ton in a day. I think I need to always be picking up toys when let's face it I could just sit and join in the fun and pick them up at the end of the day. Or that I need to be doing 10 things at once while the kids are calmly distracted with their fishy crackers. And after listening to the talk last week I have decided to do things a little differently. I do not need to fit everything into one day. I can have a freezer dinner some nights and spend that extra time with my kids and that's okay, more than okay its wonderful. I can include them in folding the laundry even if it takes all day as long as they are involved. I think sometimes I worry too much about my duties as homemaker more than my duties as a mother and I obviously know what is more important. Another quote I heard that I loved was that "love is spelled T.I.M.E." and how true it is. Several times I have referred back to my writing on my blog to remind me of the things I have learned and the person I am striving to be. I guess this is one of these posts..... and speaking of slowing down, a little update on my children...





This boy is CRAZY. He is always trying to get into trouble or pester his sister. The only words he says is "momma" and "eeet"(light). He loves fruit and can be found usually walking throughout the house in just a diaper, eating a whole peach, plum, or pear. He is SO entertaining. He laughs at everything and will make the cutest faces all the time. If he falls off the couch he laughs, if he runs into something , he laughs, and there is nothing this boy is afraid of either. He is all boy and we love it!


Elizabeth: will be 3 in two months! She is my gem that girl. She can make or break my day, but usually makes it:) She is talking so much and loves to tell me everything that comes to her mind. She loves baby dolls, barbies and princesses right now and the color pink. She is pretty much potty trained except for when she sleeps and we are so proud of her. She tells me these days things like " I'm so excited" or " momma don't be mad" if I get after her. She is still my little cuddle bug and I pray she always is.

so I'm thinking about doing my hair chocolate brown? yes or no? not that anyone comments much these days but I thought I woulds throw it out there?

11 notes:

Brenden+Nikki said...

ha ha our boys sound so much alike.

And I say do it! You've done brown before haven't you? I thought I remembered that for some reason and I thought I remembered it looked great! :). ha ha and if I'm just making memories up in my head I still say go for it!

Ali said...

Hi I totally found your blog on accident. Just read this post and I LOVED it! Now I am a follower. You said EXACTLY how I feel today:

"I think sometimes I worry too much about my duties as homemaker more than my duties as a mother and I obviously know what is more important."

So thank you! You have a very honest blog. love it, need it :)

Ali

Courtney from The Beauty Mark said...

First, Reed and Dean need to be best friends! Dean is forever in just a diaper eating fruit. It's hilarious.

Next, that first pic of Elizabeth is the BEST! She is just stunning, like her mama!!

Last, YES, die your hair!! It would look gorgeous on you and is the perfect change for fall!!!

PS please move to Mesa. thanks. xoxo

The Cluff's said...

That conference talk hit home with me too! If only the nesting would stop then maybe I can really work on slowing down :) You are such a great mom....I know I see you with your cutie pies. And, umm yes I vote chocolate brown!

The Dark Family said...

I think you would look amazing with brown hair! Your kids are too precious, and Elizabeth is absolutely adorable!

p.s. I agree with Courtney... please move to Mesa!

TrishAnderson said...

I say go for it!! Change is always good - right?!?

I love that first picture of Elizabeth. You should totally submit it somewhere, Like American Baby or something. I am sure she would totally get a modeling contract!

Annie said...

your little ones are WAY TOO CUTE!!! love those facial expressions!!

as for your hair, i think you should go dark!!! i used to have long, dark hair...i miss it! :(

Lindsey said...

Love your blog - and love YOU! And yes, for sure go dark! I think dark looks good on everybody. Especially for the winter! Do it! :)

Alexa Mae said...

I love that pic of elizabeth!! she cracks me up!! I saw jess yesterday, she said you were coming down this weekend? we want to get together!
yes! to the chocolatey brown. i think it would look darling on you. plus, if you want to go dark...fall/winter is the time to do it, right?
love ya! see you soon!!!

Sarah Meinrod said...

Love your blog, Its a very good inspiration for us mamas. Keep it up. Love your Blonde hair though :D

Sandra Nixon said...

I love your blog. Your pics are so cute. Thanks for the inspiration.
Well, I feel like the odd woman out but i think you should say blond!! I remember when you and Jamie did the dark brown together and well...I like the blond on you!! Either way you will be adorable.