Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

pitty party for one....

Yesterday was one of those days.... I could not even blog about it at the time. I was sick again, Reed was sick again and Elizabeth had far too much energy for me to keep up with. As Reed took a nice 2 hour morning nap yesterday I closed my eyes on the couch to try to feel a bit better myself. I took out everything needed for Elizabeth to create a beautiful picture as I closed my eyes... I woke up to one of our new kittens crossing the living room floor...this orange ish cat was now full on pink. I rushed to my feet to find a pink stamp pat at the scene of the crime..... already feeling like a neglectful mother I went to get Reed who had recently woken up....my head was pounding, my body aching and my glands in my neck swollen and throbbing. I felt defeated, I felt like this was all too much for me today, mothering, being sick, keeping things in order, caring for someone besides my sick self and little miss started a screaming fit right in the middle of my own melt down..... the tears just came streaming down my face but luckily at the same time so did my faith... I instantly turned to prayer.... not just asking but begging for comfort from feeling sick, pleading for desire and strength to comfort my children and care for them this day and help to make it through this day. It felt good just to cry and KNOW Someone was listening, He was listening. The events didn't change instantly but throughout the day things went smoother. I had a bit more energy, Reed was more content and calmed down as I held him and Elizabeth was calmer and more helpful. I listened to hymns and the peace that the spirit brings entered into our home and into my being and my burden was lightened. And today when I woke up I was excited to do the laundry because I felt good enough to do it...... amazing how trials put things into perspective for me and help me to once again remember the big picture:)

3 notes:

Heather (wife, mom) said...

you are an inspiration! i hate those days, but i'll have to remember this post and handle it as well as you. isn't prayer the greatest!?

Niki said...

I too have had those days, more so now that there are four little ones that need me :) I am glad that you were able to draw strength from prayer and that things went smoother. I hope everyone gets better soon :)

TrishAnderson said...

How did your Dr's appt go? I am praying for you! Please call me when you have days like this. Our schedule is so open and I can always come grab Elizabeth to have a play date. I am not saying that lightly or for you to blow off!!! I mean it. Please let me help when you need it.