Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Peace in trials....

There is sickness in our home once again. Blah. I get so stressed out worrying about the health of my family. This time it is baby Reed again. Temperature since Friday that has reached 102.5 at times. Many showers to cool him down, a trip to the dr, a trip to urgent care, vomiting, prescriptions x2. Mom stressed, dad exhausted and big sissy now saying she is a sick baby, pretend crying saying waa waa, baby sick hold me. It could be so much worse, I know this but still struggle during each illness we seem to catch every month. I just spent the last hour with my sick son sleeping on my chest and hymns playing softly in the back round on the speakers. I am once again reminded to take the good from each situation. It has been nice to have a cuddly little boy vs. my little ball of anti cuddle energy, although I would much rather have him well I can't deny that he has been the sweetest little guy these past few days to cuddle with. I'm just working on him getting all better so he can fully enjoy his FIRST BIRTHDAY next week.

5 notes:

Cariann said...

Oh no I am so sorry. It took Devon 2 weeks to finally shake his croup and ear infection. I hope little Reed feels better so. Let me know if you need anything!! Like more cookies maybe???? ;o)

Niki said...

I totally empathize with you! My sweet Parker was a very sick little guy for most of his first year. Every sniffle, cough, or slight fever got me in a frenzy. It is so hard when our little ones get sick. I hope Reed feels better soon and gets to eat lots of cake at his birthday next week!!!

Alexa Mae said...

oh kar, dangit. i'm so sorry. poor baby! i totally get your frustration and especially since you have to go through this so much. he will get better soon...that's the good thing about kids: they get sick easily but they recover faster than adults. love ya girl!

i called you back last week justsoyaknow! and yes, mission accomplished!

TrishAnderson said...

Sorry to hear that mister Reed is sick. I can't believe that he is turning 1 next week. Where has that time gone???? Times is flying so quickly right now. I hope that it slows down at some point.

Christen said...

hope your Reed is feeling better. So sad to hear when your baby gets sick. Take care