Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Monday, March 8, 2010

wrap it up. . .

The morning around here is crazy. The afternoon around here is chaos. The evening goes a little somethin' like this.

5pm-call mr.husband, "when will you be home." mr. husband,"I'm hurrying, I will be out of here as soon as I can. I proceed to call him about 10 more times on his way home so see how long until I get to see his handsome face (and get some help from the two little monkeys I like to call my children). Meanwhile I usually have a downstairs of toys to pick- up, diapers that need to be changed, the dish washer just ended so I should unload that and oh yeah dinner needs to be made.

I start dinner, tonight it was hamburgers, I get the lettuce tomato onions cut, start on the mashed potatoes, water is spilling over, I can't quite keep my eye on them when little man is crying and Miss priss is trying to bring into the house a bottle full of dirt and water mush.

530pm-Mr husband walks through the door, quick kiss, hand him our baby and ask him to help get dinner rolling. Miss priss is demanding juice in her sippy along with wanting to watch snow white. I get her situated so she can sit calmly as we get dinner ready. Mr husband hands little man back over to me as I set the table and he goes out to grill the burgers.

545pm- As soon as he comes in with the meat ready to eat little man shows us he needs food pronto! So I delay eating my nice warm dinner to place spoonfulls of mushy green beans into a hungry little boys mouth. After he is done I sit down to a slightly warm burger and enjoy my food until Miss priss decides she is done and starts to complain.

6pm- wrap up dinner, Mr husband starts on the dishes, I take little man to get ready for the kids bath. I try to undress a little bucking bronco as he squirms ,rolls and kicks the entire time I am undressing him. I place him in the bath and his big sissy joins moments later. Little man poops in the bath, Miss priss freaks out, drain water, lets try this again. Miss priss dumps an entire cup of water on the bathroom floor, ok bath time is done.

630-kids are dressed ready for FHE. get out the blanket, sit down sing a hymn. Trying to have Miss priss point out who is Joseph Smith and who is Jesus in the pictures ( first vision lesson) she decides to be smart and call everyone father and laughs to herself like she is a comedian. Finally we get her to cooperate. Time for closing song, we thank the oh God for a prophet, closing prayer, we try to have her calm down for the prayer by sitting on my lap, she decided to throw her head back and hit me in the face,ouch... enough said

7pm- Time for bed, we all go upstairs, crud. . . we forgot to get the kids night time bottles, I go back downstairs, make bottles and come upstairs to find this. . . .

once again it's all worth it, can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

7 notes:

☂niki. said...

wouldn't life be so boring without all the craziness???

i found myself reading this all fast cuz i could tell it all happened in a whirlwind. haha.

ps. thanks for the sweet compliment on my last post.

pps. the wall paper is sorta new...like 7 months ago new. and it's actually tan...but kind of a yellowy tan.

The Brinkerhoff's said...

Wow! I felt like I was reading a page from my own life!

TrishAnderson said...

Life is so eventful. It is amazing how we all wait - trying to be patient for our love to come home to "rescue" us. I don't know if you remember the Calgone commercials. When Josh calls to tell me he is on his way he can immediately tell if it is a Calgone kind of day. He will walk through the door saying Calgone is here. I smile and it somehow makes everything better.

Ashley Smith said...

i love the bathtime chaos the best :) Such a sweet picture

mylittlegems said...

good thing you don't have my husband's job and schedule or my three boys ;)
We never have normal days around here

SloneFamily said...

Sounds Familiar!!!!!

natalieandderyk said...

The night time bottle thing is making me a little nervous...;-)