Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Weight a minute. . .

I am not the biggest girl. I am not the smallest girl. I am me. I am a mom to two. A lover of sweets. A fanatic of Dr. pepper and I like my In & Out hamburger "monster style". I am the kind of mom who likes to sit and eat cookies with my toddler and enjoy the moment. I am the kind of wife that will order dessert with mr. husband on a date just to have 30 more minutes with him and a dessert with two spoons. I have so many fond memories spent with mr husband as we shared a bowl of ice cream and talked. Although I love sweets and sugary things I do for the most part these days take in what is best for my body with the exception of having "sweet times" and "sweet moments" that are that much sweeter with sweets. My focus is my family and my self worth, not my size or the number on the scale. I strive to exercise for the sake of feeling good and knowing it could lengthen my life here on earth. I have been either pregnant or breastfeeding for three straight years and not able to loose more then 5 lbs with my hormones always being CRAZY. I try to show my daughter a healthy way to live and treat your body, in addition to love yourself the way you are.

I am not the same size I was when I met mr. husband but I am not the same on the inside either. Over our 5 years of marriage I have learned to love deeper, be more patient, cook better, give more, appreciate more, live happier, and strengthen myself as a person and I know that is what is most important to him. I will be the first to admit that I have had times where I focused a little too much on my size and it seemed I just got bigger because I was always thinking about it. What a waist of time. I think as long as I am a normal healthy size for my age, height, and the fact I've had two babies that I should be happy. I am happy! I have noticed as I stopped focusing on it and started just focusing on what is best for me and my body that I actually have lost a little weight, and that is without really trying, just changing my focus to what matters and this happiness does wonders. I'm sure you have all heard that being too skinny or too much exercise can result in difficulty with pregnancy. I feel it is our Father in Heavens way to encourage us to be a healthy size and not over do working out like some do or starving yourself for the sake of being thin. And I do understand some girls have other issues that cause this and I am not considering this the same at all.

Sometimes the best thing for me is sitting and enjoying an ice cream cone with my miss priss who will only be two this once. I have noticed as I have stopped worrying about my weight that my cravings for the sweets has lessened and I have been craving salads, veggies and fruits. I know the comfort food was sounding so good because when we think about our weight all the time we will need some comfort, no one is flawless most are nowhere close. I hope if I ever start to get caught up putting too much focus on my weight that I can come back and read this. . . and remember that as I let the issue go that I was happier and that brought me to treat myself better and exercise and eat right and as I am healthy and treating myself right and enjoying life that is all that matters as far as my weight goes. What it comes down to is everything in moderation. Sweets in moderation, exercise in moderation, even carrotts in moderation (have you ever seen the palms of someone who has too many carrotts? they are orange!).I have also come to realize that you can still be beautiful and wonderful even if you have a little more junk in the trunk. It does not make you less of a person nor make anyone better then you if they are thinner. They may be better at choosing healthier food choices (or have a higher motabilism) and you may be a better cook for your husband ( or own a darn good cookbook). And let's not forget. . . our little ones don't want to cuddle up to skin and bones, they like a little padding.


P.S. for a meal idea that is on the healthier side visit jenny and my new blog by clicking HERE.

6 notes:

☂niki. said...

you go girl!

Tyler, Kamry, Jaxxen, Madexx and Nixxen said...

Such a good post and I 100% agree with you!

tHe ApPeLs said...

ill be reading this a few more times in the near future! :) and addison and newest baby appel should be about 16 months apart! it'll be crazy! how far apart are yours?

David and Shalynna said...

Well said. I like your perspective that when you aren't thinking about your weight is when you actually eat healthier and lose a bit.

Thanks for the reminder. I get caught up in this stuff all the time!

Eevi said...

I have been reading your blog for few weeks now and finally commenting:) I admire your healthy attitude toward weight and I think you look fabulous. I have been trying to think along the same lines. this morning, instead of running few miles like I would have liked, I ran less than a mile to the nearby park and Saku and I played there.

Thanks for writing things that uplift others!

Sandra Nixon said...

Great post, a good reminder to me. I have been thinking a little too much about weight lately. You are great!
p.s. I think you are a very thin person, and so fashionable!