Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Optimism brings. . . . FUN

This past weekend was. . . . WONDERFUL. Mr. husbands parents have a cabin up north and we really wanted to go and experience some SNOW. As we called someone to have them clear the snow from the drive way before we arrived we were told this is the most snow they had in 30 years and it was hard to get around. To visit the cabin you need to go around the outside of it turning on the water/ electricity/ heater and this meant Mr. husband not only making a pathway from the drive way to the cabin but digging holes in what we were told was 6ft in some places just to get the cabin ready to stay in. We were hesitant to go, not knowing how much work or how safe it would be. We had a good feeling about it and took the chance, with an attitude of optimism we drove 4 hrs to the cabin. And guess what. . . . our optimism proved us right, it was wonderful. We invited our wonderful friends that live close by us and our miss priss and their son are inseparable! They also have a little girl the same age as little man ( our son). Our families just mesh great and we enjoyed every second there. There was a ton of snow but it made it that much more fun as we went sledding and rolling down hills. Sometimes taking a chance and being optimistic about something can really bring joy! (I should note that we did not just go into this happy go lucky like a kid going to Disneyland, we prepared for the worst just in case but stayed positive everything would be great. Just in case someone reading has some crazy idea in there head and this invoked them to give it a try. . . .we did use our head:) But I know if we were not optimistic we would have never gone, thus never having this wonderful weekend and these wonderful memories.

5 notes:

Jessica said...

I had no idea you had this blog going on! I love it! It truly made me smile. So thanks to you for brightening me day. I wish I could be there to do ballet with you! How the heck did you make that apron? that is the cutest thing ever!!! love ya

Maribeth said...

Wow, just found your blog and I love the concept! Way to go! ps. Yesterdays post was just what I needed to hear. Thanks!

TrishAnderson said...

Looks like fun! Looks like there was tons of snow. Glad you got to enjoy such a fun experience!

Branden & Jamie said...

Karla, thank you so much for having us on the trip! I can't begin to tell you how much fun we had. I know it was so stressful at times with Kayla, she was quite a handful. Thank you for your continue support and taking her over when both Branden and I were just about at a breaking point. Poor little girl! I'm so grateful for the priesthood blessing Branden and Porter were able to give her. She had a complete turn around in her behaviour. Thanks again, and I hope we can vacation again together. No one else can put up with the craziness our family brings, except someone whose craziness rivals our own! =) Love ya!!

Branden & Jamie said...

PS- Aren't our kids adorable together!! Bryson loves his bizbit. And I think it's just so cute how you taught him to put his hand to the side of cheek and yell for her. I'm not sure I would have got what he was saying if not for that! I love sharing fun memories together!! Even when there are hard ones to go with it. Love you!