Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Somethin old somethin new,borrowed and blue(day 6)

Notice the bangle bracelet on my wrist and my daughter's (miss priss) blue flowered shirt. . . Today I put on this bracelet that use to be my moms ( who passed away 3 yrs ago) and I put this cute blue shirt on miss priss that use to be mine as a child and I didn't have a thought of sadness. Although I miss my sweet mom more than anything, I had feelings of joy. Joy that I had these special possessions and as I walked hand in hand with miss priss I envisioned my mom and I doing the same about 20 years ago, her with the bracelet and me with the blue shirt. Today I felt blessed to have this small piece of her to hold onto as opposed to dwelling on the void of her being gone. I am grateful to her for preserving these things for me to cherish and still love and miss her with all my heart. I want to say thank you to everyone who is supportive of my new optimistic blog and say that it really has helped me to start being optimistic:)
p.s. my give away starts tomorrow afternoon:)

10 notes:

The Brinkerhoff's said...

I love your blog and all your posts! Your kids are so cute and your SO SKINNY (Not Fair) But I am so sorry for your loss!

Jenna said...

I love the new idea for your blog Karla! And what a sweet picture of you both, I love the meaning behind it. I have such a hard time staying positive from day to day, being a mom is sooooooooo hard. I have really enjoyed seeing and hearing about all the sweet moments in your life that make you happy :)

Amanda said...

What a special moment for you and in 20 years a special picture for little E. Thanks for sharing such a special moment. It's very touching.

Ashley Smith said...

Love it! You are both gorgeous! I love this blog idea-- just like the jr high poster says, "attitude is everything" :)

☂niki. said...

this pic is so cute! looks like it should belong in Us magazine. Like it was taken by the papparazzi(sp?).

i love your special heirlooms and the special memories they give you.

David and Shalynna said...

This is so sweet. I love the way you look at it.

It's so nice to read such optimistic posts. What a fun theme for your new blog.

tHe ApPeLs said...

you guys look so cute!

TrishAnderson said...

You two look so cute! I love your positive notes and thoughts of your mom!!!!

natalieandderyk said...

Like your new outlook. Potty training was harder with my oldest. I read "diaper free before three" It was helpful but just to warn you the author is a bit of a purest!! Good luck with your next attempt.

Alexa Mae said...

i loved this post. love that bracelet. i thought exactly what niki thought...it looks like a pic in PEOPLE the 'look who we spotted' pictures.