Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween 2009

For Haloween our kids were. . . . Our little frog. . .

Our Little princess. . .

We had a great time going trick or treating at our ward party. We all went to a park and each family set up a blanket and all the small kids went from blanket to blanket. . . .Elizabeth loved it


Kinda bizarr. . . two days before Halloween I was unloading the trunck and yelled for Ported to come quick. Why you ask. . . because there was a huge trianchula digging in the dirt next to our drive way!!! he caught it to get a good look.

My frog. . . I mean prince
Our family we went out and about Halloween night. Elizabeth loved trick or treating. . . she got the hang of it real quick. She walked the entire block and didn't ask to be held once. We kept asking her if she wanted to go home and she would say no. She loved coming home and digging thru her candy. Although she thought her candy pale was called trick or treat. she ate about 10 dum dums last night alone along with trying whoppers for her first time. It was really fun having her be a little older this year, and I know next year will be even more fun with both our kids running around together. Sweet Reed sat quietly the entire night just amazed with the lights ( suprisingly a lot of people decked out their houses for Halloween). As she went to sleep and Porter and I binged on her candy I realized this parenting thing is really working out for me. I sure love my sweet children.
My sweet aunt katie, who is like a second mother to me, sent the kids giftcards for Halloween so we went and let Elizabeth pick out a toy at Target. Well after about an hour in one isle that is only pink we finally made her make a decision. . . she picked this doll to take in the bath along with a outfit ( i have to admit the outfit was my choice after she picked the doll). Reed got a baby record book so I can journal his milestone moments. Thanks Katie, WE LOVE YOU!

7 notes:

tHe ApPeLs said...

aww they look so cute in their little costumes!!!

SloneFamily said...

Karla, your kids are too cute and your family is EVEN CUTER :) Love you girl, hope things are going well! Love that video of Reed. Tay is sitting with me and she keeps making me watch it, saying "Me wanna watch Baby!!"

David and Shalynna said...

What a cute idea for costumes. I love it!

Is that tarantula real? Tell the truth. If so, that is soooo scary.

I'm so jealous of all the parents that get to eat their children's halloween candy. I couldn't stop thinking about candy all weekend. :)

Heather (wife to Dave, mom to Jenna and Adam) said...

beautiful halloween pictures- and Elizabeth's dress is perfect!

Brenden+Nikki said...

What a cute combo costume idea. And Elizabeth makes the perfect little princess. What a gorgeous little dress. And I love that Reed looks so chill in his costume. I think Collin only chilled in his costume like that for oh....3 seconds or so. ha ha.

And yuck - that is probably the biggest tarantula I've ever seen.

Hannah + 4 said...

Cute costume idea! Your kids are so dang cute! I can't wait for our little guy to get here. That spider gives me the creeps!

tHe ApPeLs said...

where did you get those super cute white shoes youre wearing?