Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Friday, September 17, 2010

oh my it's been too long.....

Have you ever had a time in your life that things would not just settle. Maybe you had a feeling off being a little frazzled, not yourself, or felt like life was just a little more complicated then you had imagined. That's been me as of late. The long absence of blogging has mainly been due to health problems I was experiencing. I suddenly had moments where I felt really tired and out of breath, those moments turned to hours days and after a week I went to the Dr. I had x rays, ct scans and blood work done. During this little scare I was able to ponder what it is that is really important to me. What it is I want out of life and what I need to do to be the happiest I can be. I will tell you this...... Money or material things were the farthest away from my thoughts or goals to reach this happiness. During this time all I could think was how can I make decisions that will lead my family to the best place we can be, mentally, physically, and spiritually. Let's take a few steps back real quick......
    About a month ago I suddenly became a little baby hungry. I started planning things and decided "I" thought it was time. I had been thinking about it a lot. I was also thinking about where we are going to live, you see Mr. Husband and I received a very strong impression it was time to "go home" as in Mesa. I keep trying to tell myself differently but this is what my heart is telling me and I can't deny it. That leaves us in a little sticky situation with our home and the market and I wont get into that but we are going over the options..... anyways so there are obviously some big decisions in front of us and as soon as it was coming up to baby making season this breathing thing kicked in..... or as I have come to understand it.... my sign it's not the season quite yet. And that's what I love about life and the plan for me. I love that there is a plan and it's Him who is guiding it and I love how one way or another I receive answers to life's most difficult questions such as should I have another baby. So there was my answer to that one. And now we are still figuring out things with the house.... I can't help but think of our life thus far.......
           2005 we were living in an apartment, we felt prompted it was time to buy a house. We went and signed to buy it only to realize things were going to be too tight. RIGHT before we moved in porter received a great raise and we had exactly the same left over each month as when we lived in our apartment.....
        2008 after we had Elizabeth, I felt prompted to stay home. I told porter I was going to tell my boss the next day that I only have 2 weeks left of my part time job. That next day Porter came home to tell me he was promoted and once again we had the same amount left over every month without me working now....

    I have been given experiences in my life to teach me to trust in the Lord  and the prompting I receive from Him and the blessings will come and I feel like this is another one of those moments. I feel we are being guided and directed and I will be the first to say it's hard not knowing exactly where were going to be living or how it will all work out but one thing I know for sure is that it WILL WORK OUT. So I guess with all of this going on I have been a little off. A little anxious, a little less on top of things and not quite myself. I am realizing just to take this experience as a time to show faith and to quit worrying. I need to enjoy this time and not worry about what's to come because I am in His watchful care. So here is to me washing my worries away, reminding myslef to trust in Him and enjoying the life I have been given.....

3 notes:

Danielle said...

such a great post..
it's because of Him that i know everything will work out (even if it's not how we planned it)..and it's so great!

Shannon said...

I echo Danielle...great post! I have been thinking about you all week and hoping everything is okay-I know we don't really know eachother but...I was thinking about you just the same. Glad to see things are okay and to hear your "optimistic" attitude and your faith in the Lord. Good luck with all that your family has in store in the next little while.

Amanda C. said...

I had a prompting that I needed to call you last week. I didn't. I'm sure like you... I'm on the way to get the phone but then I get distracted with a naked child running from the bathroom, or a glass of spilled milk on the carpet, or a million other things. Then we completely forget where we were heading in the first place. Anyhow, I wanted you to know I've noticed you've been MIA and I've been thinking about you. I hope it's nothing serious and perhaps just overly stressed. Hope to see you soon!