Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

My mother your mother lived across the street. . .



Last week in church as we started the Relief Society meeting one of the older sisters in our ward got up and thanked us for the daughter in laws we are to our mother in laws. She went on to tell about how when ever she travels to visit her sons their wives always give them a day alone just mother and son while the daughter in law tends the kids. I thought about that and how I would never do that. Later I really tought about that and how I would love to still have time with my little boy 30 years from now just the two of us and so I told mr. husband about the idea and he was really excited to get to spend time with just him and his mom. The two of them went out together in the afternoon. I didn't think too much about it and just knew they would have fun but when the two of them got home to see the smiles on their faces just melts my heart still. I could tell it was a good time for them both and I am so glad that Mr. Husband is the man he is and that to this day he still loves and respects his mom and appreciates the wonderful woman she is. I was of course a little reluctant to send him off to play instead of help me but I wish I would have taken more moments with my mom before she passed away and I'm so glad we have my mother in law in our lives and am thankful for the huge part she plays. WE LOVE YOU!

3 notes:

David and Shalynna said...

I love Ola Mae! She was my Young Womens leader for a while.

If I come visit AZ this summer we should can with her. I would love to learn how to can.

Courtney from The Beauty Mark said...

Ya I would NEVER do that. You are so unselfish. Maybe I will try it out; you've inspired me!

Sandra Nixon said...

Great idea, glad you wrote about it. I spend more time with my mother in law than my husband does. She and i are great friends. I will have to send the two of them off together sometime!