Welcome to my blog. . . .

I am pessimistict, my husband hates it and sometimes it takes away from the happiness I have all around me and so. . . this blog is dedicated to finding something good in each day and being optimistic.

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Weekend Memories

This weekend has been great, we spent it busily doing things around the house and running errands. We decided to put all work aside and spend Saturday night as a family. We started off going to our ward activity and had chili and ice cream and then as a family of four we went to the drive in movies just to be together. It was a perfect night, we opened the hatchback to our Pilot and filled the back with pillows and blankets. The rain was coming and going just enough to cool the air and bring the sweet rain smell. The way we were facing not a drop came into our car but we lay just watching our movies and listening to the rain come down. Miss Elizabeth got three glow in the dark bracelets that ended up going around her ankles, one pink , one purple ,one blue( compliments of daddy) I am sad to say that the blue one didn't last too long, Elizabeth bit it and squirted glow drops all over the car and on her cheek. Luckly none ended up in her mouth and we were able to clean it off her no problem. The best part wasn't the fun bracelets, the entertaining movies or the perfect drive in weather, it was the four of us perfectly cuddled in the back of our car. My baby boy sleeping on my chest as I lay next to my dear husband hand in hand and our precious daughter tucked under her daddy's arm, laying on his chest. The four of us as close as could be sharing the night together . This is something I never want to forget. There is nothing better then 4 hours of cuddling and being close to the ones you love most.

4 notes:

Alexa Mae said...

what a great night!! that is the cutest thing ever. i love the drive ins!!! p.s. that post below still has me smiling. love you kar!

Alexa Mae said...

p.s. i am NOT pictured in the photo of the poston girls!! want to know why? i was probably the one taking the pic. i was the black sheep, i didn't even have a cool gangsta name....ehhhh brutal years. haha jk. love the pic and your words are so sweet.

Niki said...

That sounds like a great night indeed. I have been wanting to try the drive in sometime with my family. Reading your post makes me want to do it now and not put if off any longer :)

Brad and Shanell Farr said...

how fun! i wish we had a drive in close!